So... Bunsen is 2nd MEGA Muppet?

grail

Reaction score
you have a definate point...but i can't figure who else it would be. maybe i'm completely off base, and they're gonna do stuff as megas before regular figures, anything's possible i guess. i'd be amazed if i found that were the case, though. any guesses as to who else they're gonna do? i still think Animal's likely for #2, and we know we've got Bunsen, but i'm just guessing on Chef and Scooter. they're the series 3's that make the most sense as megas. i can't see tux Rowlf as a mega, and while i like Lew and Zoot, they're no Scooter.

thoughts?

GWGumby

Reaction score
Mega Bunsen--that's cool. And it makes sense to have him paired with Beaker. I guess I kind of mentally did what grail did a long time ago and had always assumed that Animal would be the second MEGA Muppet. Both for the fact that Animal is extremely popular as well as the fact that he was "em-biggened" in the Muppet Movie. Not that he's been officially announced or anything. But I would have put my money on Animal.

Whoever comes out, though, I think it's really cool that Palisades is pushing the less obvious guys first. It's nice to shine the spotlight on the smaller players from time to time.

towels

Reaction score
grail

Awesome logic dude!
I'm quite impressed...and I could easily see Animal as a good solid choice.
And I wouldn't say that Palisades is shooting the works early by putting the two favorites first. I'm not even sure I consider Beaker a favorite. People like him, they have fond rememberances of him, but I'd have to think more people would pick Kermit, Gonzo, or Fozzie if asked their favorite. (And I'm not counting us nutcases that hang out here)

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
You would THINK that if Ken or anyone else from Palisades TRULY loved us, they would tell us... :frown:
It's not like we need a PICTURE or anything. Just a name will do...

grail

Reaction score
well that's no fair...if they just came out and told you, it would spoil the anticipation, and then by the time it actually comes out it's a let-down. just trust that when they tell us, it'll be awesome

simon42

Reaction score
I kinda thought Ken's last post on this thread pretty much confirmed that it was Animal. Another point is that, considering
Animal made the cover of ToyFare, that visibility might make him a great choice to help get the MEGA line going.

Rufus

Reaction score
Grail, the was the exact same logic I used when I was thinking of this last night, after Ken posted that there wouldn't be a Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, or Piggy next year. Pretty much came to the same conclusion that Animal would be the next one, too.

However, there was one other factor I.... factored in. I wonder if they will release sculpts as Megas before their smaller scaled counterparts are released? For instance, we know the "naked" Rowlf is all sculpted and waiting in the wings, could he show up as a Mega before being released in the regular scale?

- R -

grail

Reaction score
i thought about that, but in the end i decided that the way i wrote it was the way _I_ would do things, knowing what (admittedly little) i know about marketing, and the figs in general. it's a calculated risk because there's a good chance i'm wrong. but what the heck, right? it's fun to play detective and see how close you can get. and we'll all find out what they are eventually, i'm sure.

simon42

Reaction score
I think naked Rowlf would be a great idea. I think it would spark sales of the MEGA line to maybe throw in a figure that is currently not available in the regular line.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Naked Rowlf could be one of the Megas. That is still my prediction. I am kinda going more so with Grail's theory too... than my own. I think that it was somewhere mentioned that we would see Rowlf more so in a "different way". I think this was a reply given out to fans that were disappointed by not getting a naked Rowlf... yet! I could be wrong due to a lack of sleep.

Still whoever we see, I think it will have to one that appeals to collectors and general toy buyers because the mega line is new.
Although Floyd would appeal to beattle fans... you never know it could be him.

Still hoping for Rowlf!

Please Ken tell me Rowlf is on is way as a mega for 2003, if you're allowed to say!