The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
American TV (network AND cable) sucks now!

All network TV ever plays anymore are "reality" shows and "game" shows, and cable networks have been shifting from what they're SUPPOSED to be all about... TV Land was SUPPOSED to be strictly for classic TV but they now play modern shows (and their own original "reality' series), Cartoon Network was supposed to be JUST that but they play live-action shows and movies, VH1 was supposed to be all about music and junk but now it's mostly "celebreality" series, Noggin was supposed to show a delicate balance of Nick Jr. shows and Sesame Street but became a 24-hour Nick Jr.

Just about the only network that hasn't changed is The Weather Channel.
How very true :/ It's so sad. At least PBS isn't catering to the live action loving tweens... YET.

Redsonga

Reaction score
The reason they dislike music videos is because the videos often use clips that the corporations have copyrights over.
*sigh* Of course I know that silly:embarrassed:...But the trouble is they often are doing nothing with said copyright and the person making the video is making no money off of it. Rather they are doing it simply for the love of the series, and putting hours and hours into editing together a single two mins....In a way, the company is not even losing anything because it is not like it is a full episode or a full movie. I've never known even the worst of bittorrent downloaders (aka my friends) to download music videos in place of the real series, so there is no danger of a random collection of clips taking the place of buying the real thing IMHO :stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
company is not even losing anything because it is not like it is a full episode or a full movie
Sadly, Fair Use is becoming a forgotten privelage, because corporations are trying to do away with it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You can pay for some kinds of air.

How very true :/ It's so sad. At least PBS isn't catering to the live action loving tweens... YET.
No, I think that age group has grown out of PBS, and I'm not sure their quite fans of News Hour With Jim Lear either...

wwfpooh

Reaction score

No, I think that age group has grown out of PBS
Exactly. PBS is designed to have toddler-related shows in the morning, some kid's shows in the afternoon, and the news in the early evening.

Redsonga

Reaction score

No, I think that age group has grown out of PBS, and I'm not sure their quite fans of News Hour With Jim Lear either...
I've never grown out of PBS, I watched it as a teen to:coy: