The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Whatever

Reaction score
I like the conversation heart candies. Anyway, my mom had a dozen boxes of those little valentine cards kids give each other, so I took one box, and sent a valentine to all of my college aquaintances whose campus addresses I could find out, and sent it to them through the campus mail system. I hope that way no one feels neglected. Although I felt odd sending them to boys, that could be misinterpreted at this age level.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I've always really liked Valentine's Day, even in the long lonely years before I had anyone special to celebrate with. We would celebrate it in my family, and I also always liked trading cute paper valentines in school. I guess the romantic in me always liked the idea of the possibilities associated with Valentine's Day. :flirt:

Still, I can relate to people who don't like it. In my first year of college (when I had no girlfriend, and actually had never had a girlfriend) I was feeling a little down on Valentine's Day. Not really bad, but just a little down. Anyway, I returned to my dorm room after classes, and found that someone had left me some Valentine's Day presents. You know who it was? A squirrel! :eek: My room was on the fourth floor, and it seems a squirrel had jumped into my window from the roof, run around the room, left little puddles and "presents" all over my half of the room (leaving my roommate's stuff completely clean), and left again. Well, at least Mother Nature loved me that Valentine's Day!

:smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
Good grief! My dorm doesn't have air conditioning, but at least we have screens! Why was your window open in February anyway? I open mine year round, but I'm a nut.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
You know, it's been so long I can't remember. I think we used to leave it cracked a bit, just because the heat in the room was intense. The squirrel either chewed through the screen, or the screen was loose. Alls I know is I was quite surprised by the offerings before me!

EleganceLiberty

Reaction score
Ah used to hate Valentines Day, or not really care about it... but this year I finally have someone to spend it with. ^.^ I'm so excited... X_x;

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
EleganceLiberty said:
Ah used to hate Valentines Day, or not really care about it... but this year I finally have someone to spend it with. ^.^ I'm so excited... X_x;
That's a great feeling--enjoy it!!

:sing: :flirt:

jediX

Reaction score
I used to hate Valentines Day, mainly because of how crappy my girl experience in high school was. I would instead play video games all day and write depressing music.

But this year will be different, assuming the blasted snow doesn't prevent me from driving down and picking up my gf. Man I despise snow. ::zany::

dmx10101

Reaction score
Well, another year of singleness for V-day for me. Any females on this board live close to Jacksonville, FL , are in my age range (I'm 18), and available?

ceecee

Reaction score
Yeah Valentines Day sucks! I really hated it in high school. All the popular girls would get called down to the office because they got flowers. Ug! :mad:

Now I'm married, and I still don't enjoy it. We're way too poor to be spending $ on gifts. I think it sucks that companies make you feel like you should buy some extravagent present or else your sweetie won't love you anymore. Aren't words and actions enough?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I've never had a boyfriend on V-Day - or any day for that matter :stick_out_tongue: - so it's never been a big thing for me. I did send out a couple secret admirer valentines in grade school and high school though... :wink: I don't mind it really, though, I just think of it more in terms of family love than romantic love. :halo:
Erin