1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The end of Playhouse Disney Live at WDW

Discussion in 'Bear in the Big Blue House' started by FlutterSnuggle, Aug 12, 2007.

1. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

So any idea when the last day before the refurb is? :cry:
  2. AAO

AAO Member

January 2nd is the final "Playhouse Disney Live On Stage" - feat. Bear in the Big Blue House... :( Which puts us in rehersals for the new show for that month - we're gearing up for blocking and such for the new show. yet I've heard and talked with a lot of people here and the way it sounds the show may come at a later date on account of all the work that is to go into this new show!
  3. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

I hate to say this but i read on a artcle for disland said that calfornia advencer is geting a total make over and no more playhouse disney in california .

Disneyworld will for sure have it forever along with muppet vison but calorina is going to change . In one part of the artcle that i read that the person who was writing telling things on disney staff was speaking the truth, but was not alund to say things yet .:cry: :( . really said .

At least the walt disney world parts for muppet visoon and play house disney are safe .

I like disnyworld better anyway .

Although if i do get a chance again though i would like to have just one pass to go to magic kingdom park alone in california .

i went there for my high school Gaguation 3 years before calirfarnia adiventure was built .
    At some point i am just going to go to magic kingdom alone in a couple of years .
  4. Treelo

Treelo Member

Playhouse Disney will continue in California, without Bear. The show is going dark for a while this winter for revisions and will reopen. (The same changes are happening in Florida.)

Part of the DCA makeover currently includes plans to repurpose the MuppetVision building and turn in into Philharmagic.
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But the only new Playhouse Disney show out--besides Baby Einstines--is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse--and we know what that show did to Mick's character...*rolls eyes*
  6. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

What a way for Bear to spend his 10th Aniversary. :cry: :rolleyes:
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Hear, hear. And around Christmastime, too.
  8. AAO

AAO Member

The new "Playhouse Disney Live on Stage" show will feature: Mickey Mouse Club House, Handy Manny, Little Einstiens, and My Friends Tigger and Pooh. For those of you who have seen the original show, Bear's spot will be taken by Mickey Mouse Club House and the stories in between will be filled by the other three television series. The show will end with Mickey just as it did with Bear. So it's not really a whole new format and such, it's just the same show with different characters and a tweaked story line... other than Tutter can't dance.
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

3D/CGI Mick is bad enough on TV...we don't need him in the parks, too! And MFT&P bastardizes the Pooh legacy by changing the character premise and replacing Christopher (for whom the original Milne books were made) with a girl and dog combo named Dorothy and Buster (and adding in Lumpy from Pooh's Heffalump Movie).
  10. AAO

AAO Member

Well actually it's not Dorothy, it's Darby... But the characters for that sequence of the show is Pooh, Tigger, Roo, and Darby... Tutter is going to be so sad!:cry: As a puppeteer there it's really sad to see the Bear cast go away. But I'm sure that Noel (Bear) won't let him die... just give it some time. I just really hope he comes back in order for Disney to realize the mistake in taking him away. With the original Playhouse show now you're brought into that world of puppets with Bear. Then the stories with Jo Jo's Circus, Stanley, and The Book of Pooh (Which is already a puppet series) bring you into this world of puppets; rather than Jo JO being a clay mation sequence or Stanley a cartoon... But with the new show Mickey is CGI, Handy Mann - CGI, and what do you know My friends Tigger & Pooh and Little Einstiens are you guessed it CGI television shows! So how does puppetry play into that whole concept! It's a lost cause...
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Handy Manny = Disney's Bob the Builder
    "The" Clubhouse (I refuse to call it Mickey anything) = Mick's character being degraded again
    My "Friends" Tigger & Pooh = The Milne legacy being undermined (and FYI, that show shouldn't even be airing with the lawsuit surrounding the Pooh franchise, anyway)

As much as I disliked that series too, at least it gave us Christopher, albeit unseen (he's heard in the opening and in some "his friends come out of their book" sequences, too).
  12. AAO

AAO Member

I agree that The Book of Pooh was not that great of a series, as well as the scene that is played into the Playhouse Disney show; But it was at least closer to the original story line rather than throwing in a completly new character that some kids are not familiar with. Just the other day at MGM, a kid thought that Christopher Robin had passed away and that Darby had taken his toys Pooh and family. Again, Treelo, Bear, Tutter, Pip, Pop, and Ojo, they're timeless just as the Pooh characters. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the other hand seems like a show that could run for a season or two and then get caught up in re-runs and slowly fade away whereas Bear constantly had new story lines, songs, and helped the characters grow.
  13. AAO

AAO Member

Not to mention that Bear in the Big Blue House's pitch was to start off in Season 1 with Bear and etc doing things only around the house because the children watching would be at the age where they were not in pre-school quiet yet.

Season 2 they ventured Tutter into school and they tended to go around the town such as Dog Hog at the doctor and such.

Season 3 Bear took the audience further past the house and more around the neighborhood.

Season 4 & 5 had the cast out and about in Woodland Valley where the characters met new friends and new adventures to bestow. Even in Season 5 the lyrics to the catchy theme "Welcome to the Big Blue House" changed to "Welcome to Woodland Valley". It was actually really cute and you could see how the series had grown as well as the audience that started at 3 and 4 years old had become.

I don't know if Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or any of the other Playhouse Disney shows could do that with the format and rate they're going. Just as well Johnny and the Sprites; whom I know, wants to branch out with the series and you can tell they can do that.
  14. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

The real Christopher Robin Milne has been dead for years, but his desendant, Clare Milne, wants her family's legacy back, hence the lawsuit over the Pooh franchise, and hence why MFT&P should NOT be either airing OR be introduced at the parks, because Milne's estate only gave Disney the rights to make the original "Many Adventures" film (and thus, the featurettes made..."Honey Tree", "Blustery Day", "Tigger Too", and "Day For Eeyore"), NOT the subsequent shows and products from the franchise.
  15. AAO

AAO Member

Well, that's a completly different story. But the real problem is Bear leaving. Pooh's staying either way!
  16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

'Tis sad...:cry:
  17. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Is there any pictures of the puppets for us to see, or is Disney keeping it as a surprise?
  18. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Knowing the Mouse House, it would be a surprise.
  19. AAO

AAO Member

It will all be a surprise once the show opens. Bear is leaving and doing his final show January 2nd. Although I found out that Bear will still be "around" Playhouse. If, in the new show, the show goes down on account of technical difficulities, Bear will do a meet and greet! So there's some good news
  20. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

A couple of months ago I got to see the puppets (being built) and they were Really wonderful. Pooh looks more like Pooh now. I always thought that the Pooh from Book of Pooh had too round of head.

The Little Einstein puppets also looked Great!...They were some of the nicest puppets I had seen ever.

I can't wait until some video of the new show is up on youtube!