1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The end of Playhouse Disney Live at WDW

Discussion in 'Bear in the Big Blue House' started by FlutterSnuggle, Aug 12, 2007.

1. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

well, that's it. it's over.:cry:
  2. AAO

AAO Member

Well, Bear, Treelo, Pip, Pop, Tutter, and Ojo sang their last and final goodbye song on January 2nd... The blue house along with the other pieces of the set were ripped out and torn down for the new Playhouse Disney show... Donald, a new friend of mine, along with Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Goofy, and new comers to Playhouse have taken over. the cast of Playhouse Disney was very very sad and upset to see Bear go.. Being a good friend of Pooh at Playhouse, I hated to see that version of Pooh go.. Although the new show "My Friends Tigger and Pooh" is cute; I just had soooo much fun with that show! Bear was very exciting and enthusiastic; as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is very low energy and not as exciting as the Bear Cha Cha Cha... The new show will open in Feb. It's just going to be so odd not seeing my green lemur pal at the stage anymore...
  3. Treelo

Treelo Member

It's not too late to see "classic" Playhouse - it'll be running in California for another month.
  4. AAO

AAO Member

Sadly yes... :(

BTW, the blue house is officially out of Playhouse now... also, today marks the official new name for MGM.. it's now the Disney Hollywood Studios! :( So many changes...
  5. AAO

AAO Member

And when I say "Sadly yes" I meant sadly they still have them out there and I'm left with a duck, mouse, and some guy named Manny.. haha
  6. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

Does the new show have puppets or the new character costumes with the moving eyes and mouth?
  7. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

8. hehehe

hehehe Member

In Reference

In reference to BeanBunny's question--what about Mickey? Is he going to be walkaround, like Bear, or will he be stuck in the clubhouse set? And finally, a question I brought up earlier--any appearance of the Mousekadoer, Mouseketools, and Tootles?
  9. Carol UK

Carol UK New Member

Wow, I can’t believe Bear and gang are gone!

I was wondering if any Disney Cast Members out there could help me…

In a few days time I will be leaving rainy England and coming to Florida to take part in an International Graduate Programme with Disney. I have been coming to Disney my whole life, (been to Florida 13 times!) so it’s a complete dream to be spending six months out there.:excited:

I have been a puppeteer for 5 years and I LOVE it! I run a puppet group and come first in solo puppetry competitions at European conferences (sorry if that sounds like bragging). I am really interested in the puppets and shows in Disney’s Hollywood Studios – like playhouse and VotLM. Is there anyone who works as a puppeteer for Disney that could please give me some information about the shows? Like who from Disney can I talk to? do you do job shadowing? (Can I be in it?) etc

For my six months at Disney, I have been put in merchandise…which I am sure will be a lot of fun…however my absolute dream is to meet/job shadow/audition for the shows that use puppetry in the parks. I’m not sure how Disney go about auditioning puppeteers, or whether I would be able to audition…but I thought I’d post this in the chance of anyone knowing! You don’t get if you don’t ask!
  10. AAO

AAO Member

Hello... just read your comment. Wondering if you wanted anymore information; msg me on here with a personal msg and we can talk more in depth of how you could become involved with puppetry at Disney...
  11. AAO

AAO Member

To help you with your question I can't honestly say yes or no to those on account of confidentiality at Disney. But I can state that the Mickey crew is not walk around characters as we see in the parks and Mousekadoer, Tools and Tootles will be in the show quiet a bit... that's all I can state for now until the show has a soft opening January 28th! It's amazing... sadly, I do miss Treelo and Bear more than anything! But Donald and the others will do... Again, all around Disney Bear is truely missed! That's a fact that I can put out there...
  12. Treelo

Treelo Member

Mickey and company appear as puppets in the new show.
  13. IgorPonweed

IgorPonweed New Member

I just went there and was DEVASTATED to see it was closed! At least the puppet of bear and other characters looked good in the parade.
  14. AAO

AAO Member

Yeah, Bear and Treelo are still in the parade till March until Pixar's Block Party Bash takes over the Disney Stars and Motorcars Parade leaves for Paris. The new Playhouse show will have a soft opening January 28th and the hard opening is Feburary 3rd... Bear is very missed by the cast... trust me...
  15. IgorPonweed

IgorPonweed New Member

This really makes you wish that Disney would do more with Bear and the Muppets, huh. On a related topic, I got a couple of cool Muppet pins at Disney! One with the bear logo on it and you can open both sides of it to reveal a picture almost, but not quite identical to this. I also got a pin of the Muppets I'm finding hard to describe.
  16. hehehe

hehehe Member

Reactions?

So, AAO, how'd the show go? What were audience's reactions like? Anybody in the audience miss Bear? (That would ve a good sign for him if yes.) Give us details! :)
  17. AAO

AAO Member

The audiences were very responsive and seemed to enjoy it. Although, the thing that is missing with this show is.. BEAR! Mickey Mouse Clubhouse doesn't really have the warmth and heart the Bear version did. People can see that and indeed have mentioned. The kids, of course, go along with the show on account that's what they're watching now. Yet, the cast has seen that not many audiences get THAT excited when the VIP cast comes out at the beginning like when Bear did.

When Bear came out everyone's focus was on Bear and then when Tutter appeared along with the otters, Treelo, and Ojo they went wild! But after the Bear characters left, Jo Jo came out and there was some cheers here and there, then Stanley and the audience became quiet but very attentive, but once The Book of Pooh started kids were bored. All the show needed was some new stories within the book and maybe even an alternate version of Bear storyline. I do like the concept of our new show. Each character is facing an issue and they're taken care of with each story. Tutter was the main focus of the last show. It would have been nice to have had Tutter have an issue and get it resolved, as well as Pip and Pop have an obsticle, and Treelo and Ojo have an issue that gets resolved and in the end everything comes together with Bear topping it off.

Again, the new show is aimed at the audience that is watching now.:smirk:
  18. AAO

AAO Member

The New Playhouse Disney Show

The audiences were very responsive and seemed to enjoy it. Although, the thing that is missing with this show is.. BEAR! Mickey Mouse Clubhouse doesn't really have the warmth and heart the Bear version did. People can see that and indeed have mentioned. The kids, of course, go along with the show on account that's what they're watching now. Yet, the cast has seen that not many audiences get THAT excited when the VIP cast comes out at the beginning like when Bear did.

When Bear came out everyone's focus was on Bear and then when Tutter appeared along with the otters, Treelo, and Ojo they went wild! But after the Bear characters left, Jo Jo came out and there was some cheers here and there, then Stanley and the audience became quiet but very attentive, but once The Book of Pooh started kids were bored. All the show needed was some new stories within the book and maybe even an alternate version of Bear storyline. I do like the concept of our new show. Each character is facing an issue and they're taken care of with each story. Tutter was the main focus of the last show. It would have been nice to have had Tutter have an issue and get it resolved, as well as Pip and Pop have an obsticle, and Treelo and Ojo have an issue that gets resolved and in the end everything comes together with Bear topping it off.

Again, the new show is aimed at the audience that is watching now.:smirk:
  19. hehehe

hehehe Member

Time to head to the Clubhouse!

All right, people, compare and contrast time! I have a video of the new Playhouse Disney show for ya--split up into four parts. Let the debating begin!
    http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-574.asp
    Oh Toodles! :)
  20. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

Cool!...Thanks for the Link!

All the New Puppets Are Great!..Especially Pooh & Donald. That Donald Puppeteer is Really Great and really captured Donald's Character/mannerisms!

I thought the only really weak part of the show was Handy Manny....that was really boring.

What characters do you do AAO?