The end of Playhouse Disney Live at WDW

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Let me ask you this as a "Muppet Fan" hehehe....

When you think of Jim Henson, what are some of the first thoughts that pop into your head? Could the "Muppet Show" possibly be one of those shows that you relate to the brand? Well, they don't make that show anymore either, and I'm sure that many kids today don't even know what it is, BUT we still have a Muppets 4-D show don't we.:embarrassed:

Keep Trying....
That's a really good point. Of course kids today don't know who the Muppets are but they still enjoy it regardless, they can still enjoy Bear. Besides, if adults like the Muppets, too, Bear is a perfect way to get older people in who aren't ashamed to see Bear (that's the only reason I went in but unless after Bear leaves they don't have something really worthwhile in there, I'm never going in again).

BigBlueBear

Reaction score
Obviously I'm not an imagineer and I don't have future plans sitting on my desk, but WDW already has a Philharmagic and they do (as far as i know) still have Muppets 4D. Whether or not they keep those is not somthing I am privy to.

My point was that hehehe's philosophy wasn't sound. All shows need not be Mickey related. Additionally, the point that Bear is being replaced because it doesn't resonate with the new generation and is too old is flawed because there are other shows that are just as dated but still there. Muppets 4d was on example, but I can think of many others. The original Little Mermaid came out in 1989, but we still have a stage show in WDW. And what about the original Beauty and the Beast. Those are all much older than Bear, but they were kept alive by sequals. Why not do that for Bear?

I just want Bear to stick around...it's just that simple. It's my opinion (which I am entitled to have). If you like other Disney Channel shows and are glad to have a replacement for Bear, that's fine too (your opinion is just as valid). But don't muddle opinion with poor factual statements and try to use that against someone else.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Pizza Boy you rock :smile:
Ah, I only went in once but I still thought it was decent, but I still really miss the old BitBBH show that was in there before Playhouse Disney, back in 2000, a day at MGM wasn't complete for me without getting to MuppetVision and Bear. :smile:

It would awesome if they had the Bear puppet make walk-around appearences throughout the park.

AAO

Reaction score
Ah, I only went in once but I still thought it was decent, but I still really miss the old BitBBH show that was in there before Playhouse Disney, back in 2000, a day at MGM wasn't complete for me without getting to MuppetVision and Bear. :smile:

It would awesome if they had the Bear puppet make walk-around appearences throughout the park.
About the walk around appareances; when Disney did "Bear in the Big Blue House Live" at MGM it was very popular. Then, "Bear Live" went dark in order to start work on "Playhouse Disney Live on Stage" which is here today. While the show was dark Bear did meet and greets outside of the ABC Theater. Although, I work with many of the puppeteers who did that and to be honest it's too much... the Florida heat, inside of Bear, and using only monitors to get around... It's hard enough for some of the stuff we do at Playhouse now with the Bear Cha-Cha-Cha.. the dance is very awesome but very difficult on a puppeteer's standpoint. Another point I'd like to make about whoever said that's only what kids come to WDW for.. well, being that I am one of the cast members of WDW, it's not always that.. girls come for the princesses and the boys come for the power rangers, in which we have at MGM now... also, being "really good friends" with Buzz Lightyear in the past, I know that kids have had their minds set on seeing him. yet you don't see him hosting a show in place of the Muppets... Plus, Mickey is all over the parks... I also work at "Voyage of the Little Mermaid" and I'm "friends with Sebastian".. Mickey is nowhere to be found but only as a "hidden Mickey" in one of the bubbles on the skrim before the show starts! Playhouse was able to give variety for children. JoJo is still popular, yet she will not be in the new show... thankfully for us puppeteers I'm kinda thankful... If you saw how that scene worked, you'd understand.. Stanley, on the other hand, I love! It's a very interesting scene and there's so much to do with it! On the other hand, the Book of Pooh scene does need to change, but Tigger and Pooh are two of my favorites to perform! Then at the end of the show with the Otter Rap and Goodbye Song... it's very nice! What other show has a "goodbye song"? Mickey Mouse has the "Hotdog Song"... that's a lil' odd... But again, it's change and of course we don't like it. Out in DCA they're getting rid of Muppet Vision for Phillarmagic which took over "Legend of the Lion King" at Magic Kingdom here in Florida! Seriously, Mickey's not too fond of puppetry if you ask me ... lol ... Yet, he's the "boss"... not that big on raises though in a paycheck! Anyway, Mickey is all over the parks... he's in a lot of shows as it is.. he's in:
"Dream Along With Mickey" at Magic Kingdom
"Philarmagic" - 3D at Magic Kingdom
"Fantasmic" - at Disney's MGM Studios
"Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade" at Animal Kingdom
"Disney's Dreams Come True Parade" at Magic Kingdom
"Disney's Stars and Motor Cars Parade" at MGM
and he's everywhere to meet and greet with!

And again Bear is a rare meet and greet only on special occasions after the show... sometimes Treelo and the others visit, but that's only on special occasions..

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
About the walk around appareances; when Disney did "Bear in the Big Blue House Live" at MGM it was very popular. Then, "Bear Live" went dark in order to start work on "Playhouse Disney Live on Stage" which is here today. While the show was dark Bear did meet and greets outside of the ABC Theater. Although, I work with many of the puppeteers who did that and to be honest it's too much... the Florida heat, inside of Bear, and using only monitors to get around... It's hard enough for some of the stuff we do at Playhouse now with the Bear Cha-Cha-Cha.. the dance is very awesome but very difficult on a puppeteer's standpoint...
Really? I had no idea. I only go down to Orlando during President's Week. I can understand Bear being difficult to perform out in the Florida sun for a while considering you need to really keep him moving a lot, since he's really half puppet-half walk around.

But I agree with what a lot of what you said, Mickey dosen't need to be all over everything and considering not a lot of kids have seen his cartoons in the first place, they should at least give some of the other franchises from attention.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hey AAO, is that a pic of you with Treelo? If so, that's awesome! Treelo and Ojo are the best.

It's really sad about Playhouse Live and MV3D. At least I got Playhouse on video on our last visit, really hopin' that Disney releases Muppet Vision on DVD sometime.

AAO

Reaction score
Hey AAO, is that a pic of you with Treelo? If so, that's awesome! Treelo and Ojo are the best.

It's really sad about Playhouse Live and MV3D. At least I got Playhouse on video on our last visit, really hopin' that Disney releases Muppet Vision on DVD sometime.
YEah, that's me with my good friend Treelo... we "perform" together persay... haha... But remember that MV3D will still be here in Florida and not at Disney Land's California Adventure park... Hopefully we'll get a lot of the enhancements that they have!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
YEah, that's me with my good friend Treelo... we "perform" together persay... haha... But remember that MV3D will still be here in Florida and not at Disney Land's California Adventure park... Hopefully we'll get a lot of the enhancements that they have!
Cool, what echancements did DCA get?

AAO

Reaction score
Well their animatronics of Statler and Waldorf are much better as well as their pit of penguins and Bean Bunny... Also, a lot of their site gags are funny - like Gonzo's motorcycle crashed into the top of the building... a few new "parody" movie muppet posters... as well as the "test dummy" 3D Beaker outside the labratory... They have great site gags and their effects are a little better on account that we've let ours run down a bit in the effects department, yet guests still "wow" over the attraction!