The Muppets and Lady Gaga in new Christmas special November 28 on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This special is a great idea. I respect that people have different tastes, but this is a wonderful thing for every fan that wants to see the Muppets back on top:

• The Muppets are back on television where they started and where they belong.
  • The double-billing is in the same spirit of John Denver & the Muppets, but with an even bigger international star.
  • Lady Gaga's colorful persona is a perfect fit for the Muppets. Plus, she's a fan!
  • Like her or not (and I mostly like her), Gaga is considered an A-List performer who can actually sing, dance, compose music, play the piano and sell-out large venues.
  • Gaga's last holiday special was a ratings darling.
  • RuPaul is also a good fit for the Muppets and she's been around for years. RuPaul is outrageous yet still finds a way to keep things classy. Guest stars have dressed in drag with the Muppets before and even Gonzo wore fishnet stockings on Muppets Tonight. And don't forget Milton Bearle's integral cameo in The Muppet Movie. He was television's drag queen.
  • Elton John is there to lend his gravitas to the production. This reunion alone should have fans shrieking with delight!
  • It's also the perfect counter-programming for football. Maybe that's why it's heavier on the flamboyant side. That's not to say that some folk may prefer the games, but that's what DVR's are for.
  • This special will bring people together. I've often said that three areas that gay people and church folk usually agree are the Muppets, Dolly Parton and Christmastime pageantry. Two-out-of-three ain't bad!
  • Disney could very well be using the ratings for this to decide whether or not to revive the Muppet Show. Then we'd get a different guest every week!
  • And finally, I do not see a way that Disney could show the Muppets more love than planting this 90 minute star-studded special in the heart of prime time on the biggest holiday evening in America. Families will watch this and I'm sure it will be both outrageous and respectful to the legacy of the Muppets.
Thank you Disney executives for getting this right! This is the greatest Christmas gift you could give us fans...well...except for a return of the actual Muppet Show, but I'll count my blessings. :halo:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Scooter going to be in it well it official this is going to be great Just add Rowlf,Sam,and the band and it will be great not that it wasn't going to be I mean Scooter that has put a smile on my face.
Actually, it seems that Rowlf WILL be in it. In the picture Lady Piggy posted, if you look real close, you can see hidden behind Walter--his face and black nose are visible.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Oh, another thing, Elton John and Cee Lo Green were very expressive in their attire, and nobody complained when the Muppets worked with them. It's the same thing.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
For people complaining out there, the Muppets could perform with the likes of Miley Cyrus and Justin Beiber, so just keep that in mind. (Unfortunately) they are also A-listers. Be happy they are working with someone who at least has a sense of decency.

That was directed to me. :embarrassed:

That is a good point, and that definetley does make me feel a little more optimistic about this special. The celebrity cameos wouldn't be my first choice, but as long as my Muppets are treated nicely, I honestly couldn't care about anything else at this point. I'm just worried about how they'll be handled in the presence of Lady Gaga and RuPaul. :concern:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, another thing, Elton John and Cee Lo Greenwere very expressive in their attire, and nobody complained when the Muppets worked with them. It's the same thing.
I think with Lady Gaga, it's less about what she wears, and more about her crazy, no-boundaries, hard-partying lifestyle that's more a concern with people.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I think with Lady Gaga, it's less about what she wears, and more about her crazy, no-boundaries, hard-partying lifestyle that's more a concern with people.
I believe this "hard partying lifestyle" is a mis-perception. There's no way she could do what she does on stage and still party like that all night. Concerts are brutal. Tour dates leave little time for recreation. Also, she just had her hip replaced. I'm sure she goes out every now and then, but there would be evidence, not conjecture, about any truly out of control behavior like "hard partying" and there just isn't. On the other hand, Elton John has remarked about being so high that he didn't even remember being on the Muppet Show. That's one of the best episodes ever. The audience and those he worked with likely knew he was high. Many musicians have substance issues. Heck, look at Zoot, at Janice, at Animal. These are not representatives of a sober mind. I don't know. I'm just saying that assessment seems a little harsh. That's all. :cool:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I believe this "hard partying lifestyle" is a mis-perception. There's no way she could do what she does on stage and still party like that all night. Concerts are brutal. Tour dates leave little time for recreation. Also, she just had her hip replaced. I'm sure she goes out every now and then, but there would be evidence, not conjecture, about any truly out of control behavior like "hard partying" and there just isn't.
Well, I've seen some of the shots the paparazzi have snapped of some of her previous escapades at parties, and some were rather explicit... you know, on that notion, you could say that an actor's career leaves little time for recreation, yet somehow they manage to find the time to drop about a dozen puppies here and there. :stick_out_tongue:

Other than that, I'm just trying to figure out what reasons people have for feeling Lady Gaga isn't a suitable choice for the Muppets to be associated with.

Status
Not open for further replies.