All we need him to say is at the farm house

that line reminds me of that classic Muppet Christmas special a little bit,

Just wondering if others might see it too,

PS. Not looking to start a Fight

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
j
Here's a break-down numererd list (in no particular order) of this first legit trailer as i see it:

:mad:Not Wild About:
  1. Starting off with an ok-sounding Kermit, a weak-sounding Fozzie, an unfamiliar sounding Walter followed by the voices of Segel and Adams before seeing one Muppet. It lends too much credence to the false notion that all we have is “strange-sounding Muppets” these days thus some viewers won’t want to bounce back from that.
  2. Fozzie using the word “fart”. The gag works without it.
  3. The fight sequences are a little weird and not all that dynamic to be cut into a trailer.
  4. The Eiffel Tower sequence with Adams and Segel really has no place or context in the trailer. Cut it for the next one.
  5. I’m not wild about the logo, but it's growing on me.
:cool:The Stuff I Liked:
  1. Seeing the dilapidated set pieces, dusty theater and Mayhem bus.
  2. I like the electric fence bit!
  3. Walter seems cute.
  4. Seeing the classic Mayhem decorations and lights.
  5. The Moopits crack me up. Especially the homely pig!
:flirt:The Stuff I Loved:
  1. Rooms full of Muppets and Thog and wow…all of them in so many shots (except Piggy, of course, because in classic Muppet tradition she steals too many scenes to be featured too often).
  2. Miss Piggy’s look, clothes and hair look rather fabulous here.
  3. Janice has never looked better!
  4. Crazy Daredevil Gonzo is back!
  5. Full-body Fozzie.
  6. The theater looks more accurate than in the VMX special.
  7. Seeing the classic Mayhem decorations and lights.
  8. Amy Adams speaking to the audience in admitting this is a movie. How Muppety!
  9. Segel and Adams do seem to be a good fit for the Muppets.
  10. Kermit’s “just one person” line and epic “I believe in you” line in front of countless popular and obscure Muppets! Robin’s there too and Animal’s bunny friend seems to have hit the big time.
  11. Seeing Rowlf and Scooter and both together with all the other Muppets in key roles throughout all of this!
  12. Rowlf at the piano! It’s been too long, ol’ brown ears!
  13. The driving sequence is funny. I’m glad they found a way to get performances of Jim and Frank into this movie somehow.
  14. Several big musical numbers. Yaaaaaaay!
  15. Lots of Muppet craziness.
  16. The arches! (I trust the effects aren’t quite completed on that part yet. Spaces missing, weird comparative sizing issues.)
  17. Ending with Scooter, Penguins, Sweetums, Wayne, Wanda, Link, Strangepork and Thog. I’m sure the 80’s pop song is only dubbed in there over a legit one for mood and effect.
  18. Get Ready For Muppet Domination!
:batty: That's 5 things I don't like, 5 things I do like and 18 things I love! Wow! I liked this better than I thought!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
great list...you say the voices in the begining are random and its true but i swear one of those voices is Zach Braf (JD in scrubs). it could just be walter though

Slackbot

Reaction score
Whoopee cushions strapped onto shoes. Now THAT is Fozzie. And it makes "whoopee shoes" even more appropriate.

Fozzie's legs still look kinda long to me. Like the bottom of his feet ought to be where the top of the shoes are.

DrThundrestix

Reaction score
If nothing else, they managed to get it right by having the Muppets do an old standby. Not some labored retelling of a fairy tale, not an origin story, not a loose series of holiday based parodies... a general movie trope.
I hadn't considered the tropey nature of this film, that's a good point.

What I was getting at though, was the difference in how the universe of the film is presented.
In past films, the characters were always sort of aware that they were characters in a movie, and that these characters existed beyond regular "Muppet canon," if you will.
This film seems to break that by referencing the Muppet Show itself. And it seems to have the characters as themselves "for real this time," as opposed to themselves "as another character" or as a non-canon version of themselves.

Maybe I'm thinking too hard about that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The trailer briefly shows Animal playing the triangle bell in the orchestra. I assume this is due to his anger management. But I must wonder, if Animal will be playing the triangle, I wonder who'll do the drumming. Animal's counterpart in the Moopets (assuming he does have a Moopets counterpart)? the Solid Foam Drummer? That whatnot drummer from the "Roaring '20s Sketch"? Some celebrity cameo? No drummer at all?

I wonder who the person who opens the door on Kermit is. My guess is Tex Richman, or somebody who informs them that they need to raise money to save the theater.

I wonder if one of the fansites should have a contest where fans put the clips from the trailer in the order they think they'll appear, with the winner being whoever is the closest to being right.

If there are indeed characters digitally removed from that arches scene in the trailer (or maybe they shot several characters and are still deciding who to include and who to leave out), I wonder if maybe Uncle Deadley and Bobo will be added. I expect them to betray the villian and rejoin the Muppets by the end of the movie (I think all hardcore fans do, but non-hardcores unfamiliar with either might not). Otherwise, unless it's a surprise appearance by Sesame Street characters I see no reason to digitally erase anybody from that scene for the sake of a trailer. I don't expect any Sesame Street cameos, but if there is indeed a Sesame cameo I doubt it'll be in the arches.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
woah minor muppets take it easy thry not to get ahole of your self and over think it...as with alot of trailers the scene could just be unfisnihed since they had a dealine

Actually, that's Crazy Harry.
actually he means here

i took a better screen shot you can see harry infront of Kermit