"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Saw the trailer and enjoyed it. Wish it was November. I also read this movie has a 50 million dollar budget.

Betcha this movie makes bank on the opening weekend.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
50 million dollar budget.

Betcha this movie makes bank on the opening weekend.
really is that it? im confident could make that opening night...

i was reading that movies like green lantern has a 300 million dollar budget and it only made 50 mill this weekend and they were hoping for 50 mill opening night

i have major faith in this breaking that

minor muppetz

Reaction score
woah minor muppets take it easy thry not to get ahole of your self and over think it...as with alot of trailers the scene could just be unfisnihed since they had a dealine
I think many of us have been over-thinking about things in the trailer.

beaker

Reaction score
I remember that often, studios will release multiple full length trailers each cut with different tones(especially in the international trailers) So while I don't like the :55 to 1:22 mark at all, and find some of the opening half footed, I can more fully see what they're going for.

Again, it's not the film I'm worried about, just the public's perception based on this full length trailer...thats all Im arguing.

Now, a few things that stand out above others here, is the fact the trailer goes out of its way completely to emphasize that not only is it the MUPPETS's movie(not Amy and Jason's rom com that happens to have muppets in it), but we see an intense celebration of even the most 5th tier characters. As in they went out of their way to rebuild as many TMS characters(no matter how obscure) as possible. That seems to be the central pillar and cruz; bringing back the theater to all its glory with ALL the Muppets.

Just look at that huge Muppet crowd Kermit is addressing:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/4/41/Muppets2011Trailer01-1920_41.jpg ...if that doesnt give you goosebumps

That crammed van ride is probably one of the most striking and funny parts http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/_.../images/a/ae/Muppets2011Trailer01-1920_52.jpg
(the whole mahna mahna thing is total fan service...you gotta love it)

And wow, look at those arches: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_.../images/2/27/Muppets2011Trailer01-1920_58.jpg

So I didnt mean to be a downer, I'm just saying some of the flow/music/cues of the trailer feels a bit off. But this is an unapolagetic love letter to the Muppets. And the fact Scooter and Rowlf after several decades are back to the forefront is absolutely amazing.

This film is like hardcore Muppet fans hijacked Disney studios at gunpoint and demanded they make the most Muppet fan intensive movie and force them to make it their holiday tentpole movie. It's nuts to even think about.

...and whoah, Mo Frackle from Family Feud circa 2001 is back? SWEET!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That crammed van ride is probably one of the most striking and funny parts http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/_.../images/a/ae/Muppets2011Trailer01-1920_52.jpg
(the whole mahna mahna thing is total fan service...you gotta love it)
I wonder if, after Floyd makes his comment that they should have gotten a bigger car, the Muppets decide to split up in search of all the characters needed to be reunited. It would make sense.

Anybody notice Thog dancing in the background during that "we built that city on rock and roll" montage at the end? I didn't notice it until late last night, and haven't seen that pointed out (especially not in Tough Pigs or The Muppet Mindset's coverage).

Beauregard

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird most of the other Muppet's looks have changed a lot over time but Beauregard has looked the same since GMC? lol
Ha! Beau has changed, but subtly. He's certainly much cleaner/neater looking now than he used to be. I loved how he looked a bit rough in the old days. His hair is a bit more emphasized these days, and his eyebrows are different. :coy: Other than that...no change. Hehe.

I wonder if the empty arches will host Amy/Jason (BLEH if they do), or Walter (which would be okay...but can see why they wouldn't include that in the trailer).

ALSO! EDIT:

I just noticed something hinky...In the sword-fighting with Bobo scene, there's the same "cde" logo in the background as in the scene where (we assume) the gang are talking to the TV executive in her office.

Have we heard that Tex is in some way connected to the TV Exec? Or could that office meeting be somewhere else? Maybe I'm over thinking it/maybe someone else has already seen this and come up with a possible explanation?

The logo can be seen here:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/File:Muppets2011Trailer01-1920_24.jpg

And here:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/File:TheMuppetsTeaser06.jpg

beaker

Reaction score
This is the trailer I would have made:

green band, disney logo...
frantic montage of wallstreet stock exchange traders in shock, clips of msnbc/cnn/fox/bc news anchors talking about natural disasters, revolutions, bees dying, riots across europe,
scientists predicting meteor will hit earth in 20 years, financial collapses with that battle in los angeles/inception sort of ominous music in the background...all swirling into zillions of media clips flashing by...and then silence and a black screen...
crescendo, fades to black..."the world needs them more than they know..."
cut to Walter saying how the world needs the muppets more than ever, and Kermit and the gang going across the world to try and round up the gang.
The second half of the official trailer would be good, least in part. I'd loseall the goofy Segal/Adams stuff(its starting to wear thin on me, sorry), cut to Kermit giving his pep talk to the muppet theater cadre of characters, insert Tex Richman and his plan...and then go to the car full of muppets/mahna mahna gag. And I'd end the trailer on a really out there but fitting gag...not so sure about the "we built this city" thing. But I'd definitely emphasize Scooter, Penguins, Rowlf, Thog, Chef, Beaker and general muppet mayhem.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd just maker the thing as is, but take the electric fence gag, the clear throwaway 80's clean up montage (That's the "We Built this City" thing is), and the references to the Moopets (ONLY because no one's gonna get who they are. We only know them from a staff T-Shirt wrap party gift). I'd replace it with that scene they used in the Green Lantern parody where Statler, Waldorf, and Tex Richman are talking about plot points (and put ominous music over that). And put much more swelling music over when Kermit says the stuff about "All you need is one person." That really doesn't come across as sweet as it should be,

NO! Wait. I got a better idea. Have a narrator talk over a black screen or footage of people looking disappointed saying, "Over the last few years, we've seen farting Chipmunks... Dumber than your average bears... Robots and explosions... little blue men falling into toilets....

Enough....

Is...

ENOUGH!"

(and then have Kermit pop up somehow).

SSLFan

Reaction score
I must say, I'm really excited for this movie! I've been trying not to follow it as much so I won't spoil anything for myself, but this thing looks promising! I agree, this "official" trailer is not as good as the teasers, but it's not THAT bad. Just a few kinks here and there. But, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that car sequence scene, I Lol'd at Floyd's line.

Referring to the "fart joke", somewhat rephrasing what Beau said earlier, I think that was the joke. Kermit said he didn't want lowbrow humor in the show, then seconds later Fozzie comes and does exactly what Kermit didn't want. But like the rest of you, I hope it doesn't make the final cut.

So since everyone made a big deal out of that part, was I the only one a bit disgusted at Piggy's "I have to pee" line in MFS?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i dont see the issue with the 80's number personally i like it...i did the same thing a fellow member did and when out and downloaded the song...been rocking out to it picturing muppets

but i may get bored and edit my own version of the trailer