1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Frogpuppeteer, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Well-Known Member

Love it! :)

2. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Well-Known Member

Well, at least in Reno there's been midnight screenings for almost anything that's relatively "big", like Cars 2 (which was oddly full of a bunch of college kids who seemed like they'd have had better things to do...like sleep) and Winnie the Pooh even though it's on the same night as Harry Potter. And with Disney's putting so much money into this as their big franchise relaunch, all of the stars known for more adult comedies starring and appearing in cameo roles, and big enough crowds when you combine Muppet nerds like us and the many people who thought the Muppets have been totally gone for all this time and want to revisit their childhood with this like it's Nostalgia: The Motion Picture...I would far from count out a midnight show of The Muppets. The only thing that could possibly hinder it is being on the night before a holiday, and midnight shows seem to stick mostly to summer.

3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I'm considering whether to bring my Gonzo Replica with me to a screening...

newsmanfan, Aaron and frogboy4 like this.
  4. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

DO IT!, my friend and i are planning massive puppetness at our local theater

5. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

yea know funny thing too...i actually thought about that too with my MR kermit, gonzo & animal...but then again my gf reminded me that people would wanna hold em and touch them and i'm one of thos people that DON'T like other people touching MY collection! :D

Muppetfan44 likes this.
  6. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Well-Known Member

i am going to bring my Miss Piggy custom puppet to the movies on my birthday, (the release date ! ) so i gotta get her movie star ready. like she is in that trailer

7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I just might wear my Kermit Shoes! [​IMG]

newsmanfan and Mr.Penguin like this.
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Duuude, where'd you purchase those?

9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Limited Edition Adidas from five years ago. There wear a jacket too, but it sold out quick.

10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well, I don't think I'd mind if people wanted a photo with him afterwards...as long as they don't delay me from seeing it the second time in a row as planned! If I don't take him, I'll certainly have with me my Gonzo or Fozzie backpack, and wear a Muppet tshirt.

11. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Well-Known Member

I need to get a muppet t-shirt sometimes so I can wear it to a midnight screening. Anyone know where I could get some good ones?

12. Mr.Penguin

Here and Here are good places to start!

13. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

that second site is awesome i need me some new shirts

14. MJTaylor

MJTaylor Well-Known Member

I like how they use Mahna Mahna in the car.

15. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I was wondering... Has the trailer been shown in front of "Cars 2" in any theaters?

When I went to see it on Friday, they didn't screen it in front of the film. Then again, I did go to see the 3D version, so I'm guessing that they're not showing the Muppets trailer in front of the 3D version of "Cars 2".

Loved the first trailer as well and I'm looking forward to seeing another one. Hope it won't be too much longer. Then again, they do say that good things come to those who wait.

16. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I've gotten confirmation from a few people that The Muppets trailer is only before the non-3D Cars 2. I, too, saw it in 3D and got no Muppets. It seems that 3D Cars 2 got the Brave teaser trailer and non-3D gets the full-length Muppets trailer.

17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Some person at that link STOLE my original Fozzie pencil drawing seen here:
    My Drawing.
    He did this to it and is trying to make money off of it even though I asked nicely for him to take it down:
    His Plagiarism.

Feel free to comment about it and support me in trying to take it down. My Fozzie drawing was part of an art school assignment many years ago that I shared with the fan community, but somehow he wants to profit from it.

Mr.Penguin likes this.
  18. 12Medbe

12Medbe Well-Known Member

As Long as its being shown, that's what matters. :)

19. Mr.Penguin

When I join the site I can leave a comment for you, but you really should go straight to the site for that and report it. :mad:

20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks. I just filed both harassment and plagiarism offenses with the RedBubble people. I tried to be nice to him first, but that was a mistake! Now he's pretending to report my link of proof because he somehow believes it to be in the same boat as his copyright infringement and plagiarism. It's not. You'd at least think this guy would acknowledge that this is my sweat that he tagged some tacky Photoshop bits onto and is passing off as his own.

I drew that picture of Fozzie at a difficult time in my life when someone had broken my right hand so this and one other piece were largely drawn with my left one. This was an artschool piece that signified perseverance and he's so cheapened it. I guess that's what upsets me the most.

Of course, that piece was merely the practice for this piece of pencil art:
    [​IMG]
    I know we're off-topic, but a pic of Jim and Kermit is always on-topic at MC! :)

Frogpuppeteer and Mr.Penguin like this.