"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

beaker

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what Beakerboy12 said, as much as Im waiting to see if full trailer 2 delivers a more solid hook for potential audiences. You know, beyond all the cameo reports of celebs and plot points...one of the main things I think many of us are looking forward to will be all the easter egg/playing "spot the obscure muppet you never thought would be rebuilt or in this movie"/hidden references/references only super hardcore fans would get/muppeteer references/and various 'smart' humor.

beaker

Reaction score
@DR Tooth: Man we havent seen Muppets alcohol since the official Cookie Monster brand vodka in Europe during the 1970's, lol. And yeah that robot shirt is cool. How come noone knows his name?

And man...Quongo? freaking crazy AND the Mutations, and a zillion other characters I never thought in a zillion years would be rebuilt

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------------------------------------------------
Ohmy. Ohmy. OhmyFROG!

Ok, having read through ALL the posts on this thread to now, apparently I am the only one who, upon seeing those magnifient gates, thought "GRACELAND KERMIT!"

So much to love about this. But yeah, the gates, Animal playing triangle (and apparently about to go postal), the crowded bus, the speech, the so-banal-it's-wonderful "We Built This City"...and...and...Newsie singing and dancing in the arches!

WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!

(already organizing an opening-night party with pretty much the entire staff of Bookmans in Tucson, where I used to work. Gotta love a big Muppethappy crowd!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
. And yeah that robot shirt is cool. How come noone knows his name?
Well, other than the fact you have to run around looking on Muppet Wiki for the ONLY real reference to the Moopets there is, I'm not surprised there are no references to the robot by name anywhere. Even the Moops themselves are unnamed except for the "Foozie" chain he's wearing.

The robot doesn't seem avoidable in some of the trailers, but it's less confusing as to why it's there than a cover band that's not formally introduced at all. At least we can assume it came with Bunsen. Evil looking Fozzie, Star trek evil clone looking Rowlf, and ugly pig in a wig have thrown off most of the fan base, the causal audience isn't going to get it. A second trailer, fine... but the first reveal non-parody trailer? Seems to make everything confusing.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Actually, the Moopets have been named (as has the 80s Robot) here. The pig is called Miss Poogy, and apparently she carries a knife!

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I don't think this has been posted here yet. Apologies if it has.

An interview with Choreographer Michael Rooney, who confims that there will be a 'We Built This City' musical number with "just the muppets".

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I loved the trailer, though I agree with some of the points in this thread. Not much more to add that hasn't been said yet.

I do wonder on the "We Built this City" thing - perhaps that is going to be a montage played during the credits like some movies do, such as Shrek. Just a thought.

Overall, I'm still excited for this movie whether this was the best trailer or not.

beaker

Reaction score
Aww, I woulda named the 80's robot something like A.L.A.N. or something.