"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing negative comments on here about the Muppets lip-synching to someone else singing...

Funny. Wasn't that more or less how they got started?

:wink:

Alex
Good spot! Those Sam & Friends were intentional. I think this bit was dubbed for the trailer. But the Muppets are at their best when they sing on their own. However, it really is all lip-synching anyway isn't it?

Slackbot

Reaction score
I wonder who the human is suppposed to be (besides a celebrity cameo). A Moopets counterpart to Sweetums? Animal? Jim Henson (he does look a bit like Jim, though younger and mean)?
Gary Coleman!

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I noticed in that shot where Walter takes a bow, and we see a little of the orchestra, that in addition to Lips and Trumpet Girl, we see a few additional characters in the orchestra, who I don't recall seeing before. There have been quite a few instances (especially in season three of The Muppet Show) where some random one-shot whatnot musicians were in the orchestra (I think It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie also had some extra orchestra musicians, besides Eugene, though I can't remember what they look like, since there's no good wide shots of the orchestra there). But I noticed one of those whatnots appears to be holding a baton. Which would mean that while Trumpet Girl is making a comeback, Nigel won't be conducting (I doubt it'd be a plot point, but you never know). What a shame.
Personally, I didn't see any conductor in the orchestra, because Walter's head was blocking the view of where the conductor would be, so I think there's still a chance of seeing Nigel the Conductor again.

Speaking of the orchestra, one of the random musicians in the pit in that same shot looked a bit like Angelo from The Muppets Kitchen to me.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Personally, I didn't see any conductor in the orchestra, because Walter's head was blocking the view of where the conductor would be, so I think there's still a chance of seeing Nigel the Conductor again.

Speaking of the orchestra, one of the random musicians in the pit in that same shot looked a bit like Angelo from The Muppets Kitchen to me.
I looked at a still again, and looking more closely, I can see that character is playing the violin (I mistook a violin stick for a baton, and didn't notice the violin until now). And the character whom I thought was the conductor is the character who looks a bit like Angelo.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I looked at a still again, and looking more closely, I can see that character is playing the violin (I mistook a violin stick for a baton, and didn't notice the violin until now). And the character whom I thought was the conductor is the character who looks a bit like Angelo.
Well they could have needed to change Angelo to a conductor so he would have something to do in the movie. I really kind of hope not because I think Chef won the battle of the Muppet cooks and Angelo should bow out.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Well they could have needed to change Angelo to a conductor so he would have something to do in the movie. I really kind of hope not because I think Chef won the battle of the Muppet cooks and Angelo should bow out.
Can we please refrain from going there? Thanks.

Speaking of the Swedish Chef, there's another unsual little clip in the trailer that hasn't been pointed out yet--Chef hugs a group of chickens, instead of trying to cook them or chase them with a cleaver. Unexpected, but sweet. :hungry:

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is going to be an original song from this movie that most of us will take a liking too and have to download it right away.

I bet there will be!! :big_grin::smile:

I have a feeling that the soundtrack to this movie will place high on the iTunes and Amazon Charts.

beaker

Reaction score
Can we please refrain from going there? Thanks.

Speaking of the Swedish Chef, there's another unsual little clip in the trailer that hasn't been pointed out yet--Chef hugs a group of chickens, instead of trying to cook them or chase them with a cleaver. Unexpected, but sweet. :hungry:
I don't think in the nearly 40 years Chef has been around (I think his debut was in 1974?) he's ever once really harmed any character. That's kind of the plotline with him, like in the 1987 Muppet Family Christmas.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, most of the time the critters get the best of HIM. Anyway, it'd be amusing if the "see hellluuu tmeh lilfrin" thing from the earlier trailer actually WAS a battle of the cooks. :smile: