The Next Step: The Fifth and Final Rowlf Story

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, I'll third that! Glad to see you're enjoying some good fanfic Chimp!
:smile:

Wow, my actual reaction to Rowlf leaving the keyboard behind was: "He did what? Man, that's serious!"
:sympathy: Robin and Kermit's interaction was so sweet, and this whole chapter was just wonderful!

More please!

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
You know, redBoobergurl, not many people stay up until 2:30 in the morning, doing actual Muppet voices, reading outloud from something on the internet. But, something's bugged me, where's Rowlf's first ever buddy besides Kermit, Baskerville? They did work alot together, weather it be Rowlf blowing him up, or flatening him. But, your story's fine, so :smile: "DON'T EVER TOUCH IT!"

Oh, and you also made me actually post a real reply, not a quick post. Yes, that paragraph earlier was a quick post.

Gonzo's lines: Brilliant. Purple Zombies pickled parrot feet, now, if only he spoke of the Arabian Penguins...

Fozzie: Not much of him, but when he does appear, he's great.

Robbin: Cute as always.

Wanda: I must know her furr color... I plan on making little clay figures, I have Catgut made, but, I don't think I could just pass it off as a second Wanda. :wink: Wanda is someone who I think the Muppets could use. Its a cat, and a female, the perfect oposite of Rowlf. And hey, I still haven't seen Wanda playfully chase Rizzo around the Boarding House. Lol.

All in all, your loveable fic and it's chapters, made me, someone who is now very dedicated to your works, break out in tears, twice, laugh at Elmo's outburst during the wedding, and made me think of Grover doing the disco moves from the 70's at the party afterwards.

And Rizzo and Pepe` fighting over the halter... Reminds me of when me and my cousin caught it... But we ripped it.

Good gosh, I hope you post more of these types of fics, RedBooberGirl, I really do.

And FraggleMuppet: Call me Ryan. ;D

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Chuckles at the thought of another Ryan. So you know Phsychochimp, Wanda's a calico cat, so that should help you imagine her fur color better. Also planning on asking artistic type forum friends to do a drawing of her, maybe a PVC figurine in the future, but that's a long ways off from now.

Glad you're enjoying these fics of Beth's. Read some more, there are other great ones here in the library.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thank you Ryan, this is so kind of you to say! The Count (Ed) has said there are other works in our fan fic library to check out. Some favorite authors of mine include TogetherAgain (Lisa), theprawncracker (Ryan), and ReneeLouvier (Sara). Check them out, I base alot of my writing on things they have done as well, they are all very talented authors.

Anyway, I really do appreciate your feedback, you are very kind. I hope to have more story up tomorrow, today I must do graduation open houses.

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
Thank you Ryan, this is so kind of you to say! The Count (Ed) has said there are other works in our fan fic library to check out. Some favorite authors of mine include TogetherAgain (Lisa), theprawncracker (Ryan), and ReneeLouvier (Sara). Check them out, I base alot of my writing on things they have done as well, they are all very talented authors.

Anyway, I really do appreciate your feedback, you are very kind. I hope to have more story up tomorrow, today I must do graduation open houses.
Can't wait, Beth, shaking in anticipation... Or how ever you spell it... I blame him. *Points to Floyd.*
Floyd: Wha?

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
Sorry if double posting isn't aloud, but, I found this article on Muppet Wiki.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Tilly Rowlf's mother actually was a muppet before... So, yeah... o.o And the even creepier thing...
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Puff_the_Cat Rowlf had a relationship with a little Kittie named Puff. I think Puff can be the potentional rival for Wanda...

Also, are Chip, Dip, Catgut, and Wanda similar in body structure?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Pointed that out to Beth when we were in I think the 3rd story or so. And what's even eerier is... According to the articles at Muppet Wiki, Rowlf was bullied by a bulldog named Bobby when he was young, much like the storyline of Beth's 1st Rowlf's Story. Except Rowlf couldn't fight back... Cause he had been taught never to hit a girl.
*Punchline: Bobby Bulldog was a girl dog.

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
Yeah... Pointed that out to Beth when we were in I think the 3rd story or so. And what's even eerier is... According to the articles at Muppet Wiki, Rowlf was bullied by a bulldog named Bobby when he was young, much like the storyline of Beth's 1st Rowlf's Story. Except Rowlf couldn't fight back... Cause he had been taught never to hit a girl.
*Punchline: Bobby Bulldog was a girl dog.
I've seen that clip, Count! :sympathy: "It means there where ten of them officer, and they dropped a truck on me..."

Skye

Reaction score
Oh Beth! I haven't had a chance to comment in here before now, but I've been loyally reading, and I love it so far! This story has taken so many awesome and surprising turns. It's been sweet, intriguing, suspenseful, heartbreaking, and then some. Love it, love it, love it... and can't wait for more! :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Ten:

Wanda finished her entire story and proceeded to break down in tears once again. This time though, the tears were not being felt on a sympathetic ear.

“Are you finished?” asked Marie after Wanda told her everything that was going on.

“Yeah,” sniffled Wanda.

“My dear you have got yourself a case of the pregnancy hormones. You should march yourself right home and tell your husband that you are having a baby. Listen to what he has to say about his past and then forgive him and move on. Maybe he should have told you he was serious with someone before, but honestly did you think he was a hermit crab all these years before he was with you?” lectured Marie.

“Well now who’s side are you on anyway?” asked Wanda becoming angry.

“Baby, this isn’t about whose side I’m on, this is about me trying to keep you from making the same mistake I made years ago. I ran away for a different reason, but I still ran away and its clear there was damage done but I’m working on fixing it. You will regret it if you don’t go home and talk to Rowlf!” responded Marie.

“Mama, you don’t understand, I don’t feel like I even know him anymore! How could he not tell me about this woman?” exclaimed Wanda.

“Look I don’t know why he didn’t tell you. Maybe it was painful because it probably didn’t end well if he didn’t even know about his daughter. And truth be told, if you don’t ever go home, you will be no better than this other woman was to him,” said Marie.

Wanda was silent. She knew her mother was right and she hated that. It was a low blow comparing her to Rowlf’s past love, but it was the truth.

“Ok hon, here’s the deal, because I know I owe you for a lot I’m going to let you stay here for a little while. But I hope you use your time to do some thinking about things. Clear your head so you can get back to Hensonville as soon as you can. Does that sound fair?” asked Marie.

“Yes Mama,” said Wanda.

“I’ll leave you alone for awhile then,” said Marie and left the room. It was tough for her to see her daughter this way and maybe she was too harsh, but she knew deep down that she had to fight for her daughter’s marriage because obviously Wanda wasn’t up to going to battle herself.

Rowlf took a room at the Fuzzy Feet hotel as opposed to renting an apartment. He didn’t know how long he’d need it and it was a perfectly nice place to stay in the meantime. He dropped off the small amount of things he had packed up and then went to the address Annie had given him.

As he buzzed her apartment from the door downstairs he found himself feeling a little nervous. It was almost the same feeling he had when Wanda and he had first gone to the adoption agency.

Suddenly Rowlf remembered the adoption agency. Would they actually end up going through with it after all that had happened? He decided he’d better give them a call later. For now, he wanted to get to know his daughter.

“Who’s there?” came Annie’s voice over the intercom.

“It’s um, your father,” said Rowlf surprising himself at how easily the word “father” rolled off his tongue.

“Come on up,” said Annie as the door buzzed open for him.
She then let him into her apartment as he came up the stairs.

“Welcome! It’s not much right now, but it’s a home I guess,” said Annie.

“It’s nice,” said Rowlf.

“I’m glad you came,” said Annie.

“Me too,” said Rowlf.

They stood around in silence for a little bit.

“So, did you hear the one about the guy who walked into a bar? Doctor told him he should’ve ducked!” joked Annie.

Rowlf laughed. “You been studying Fozzie’s material?” he asked.

“Nah, I just know some really bad jokes,” said Annie laughing back.

They both relaxed and sat down and began to ask each other questions, a father and daughter finally connecting.

Kermit was confused. If Rowlf knew Wanda was pregnant he certainly would have insisted on going after her. Wouldn’t he?

Kermit thought about it to himself. “Maybe there was a mix up at the doctor’s office. They weren’t going to try to have babies naturally,” he thought.

He tried to remember back to the day before that now seemed like ages ago. Was it really just yesterday that Annie showed up and everything spiraled out of control?

Kermit remembered Wanda fainting backstage and sending her off to the doctor. He remembered stalling for her when Rowlf was looking for her. What happened when he came backstage after he left Rowlf and Annie alone? Everyone was gossiping. And they were all outside of Piggy’s room where Wanda and Piggy were standing in the doorway.

That was it! If anyone else knew what was going on with Wanda, it had to be Piggy!

Kermit went to Piggy’s room. He realized she hadn’t even been after him for a kiss today. She was hiding something, he knew it.

He knocked on the door.

“Piggy?” he asked.

“What? Oh hello mon cherie. What can moi do for vous?” asked Piggy.

“I was just wondering if you knew anything about Wanda. She went to the doctor yesterday and then there was this big thing with Rowlf. I never found out if she was ok,” said Kermit.

“Oh, um, she is just fine, no problems at all,” said Piggy.

“Really? Because the reason I sent her to the doctor in the first place is because she had fainted backstage. She said she’d been feeling nauseous and having dizzy spells. I was kind of worried about her,” said Kermit.

“Oh Kermie, she’s just anemic, she can fix that, no big deal,” said Piggy clearing telling a horrible lie.

“You know Piggy, you look really lovely today,” said Kermit.

“You think so?” asked Piggy grateful Kermit was changing the subject.

“Yeah, you know I could just kiss you all over,” said Kermit.

“Oh my! Well why don’t vous come over here a little closer?” asked Piggy.

Kermit came in and took her arm and put little kisses from her hand up to her cheek. Piggy continued to fawn all over him as he did so. He kissed her cheek and was getting ready to kiss her on the lips when he stopped to ask her a question.

“Piggy?” he asked softly as he kissed all around her mouth.

“Yes my love?” asked Piggy.

“Wanda is pregnant isn’t she?” asked Kermit.

“Yes she is,” said Piggy. It took her a moment before she realized what had just happened.

“KERMIT! You devious frog, you tricked me! You know moi cannot resist your tender kisses!” exclaimed Piggy angrily.

“Don’t worry, I was looking for confirmation, the doctor’s office called here looking for her,” said Kermit.

“Oh, well then, why don’t we continue where we left off?” asked Piggy glad that she really hadn't blabbed the secret.

“I would love to but I have to figure this situation out,” said Kermit and quickly darted up and left the room.

“Kermie? Kermie? KERMIT? Oh MEN!” yelled Piggy and slammed her door.

Wanda felt as if she was all cried out. She ate dinner with Marie and then went back to Jazzmine’s hoping if she sang for awhile it would take her mind off of things.

She was just coming off stage for a break when she heard a familiar voice from behind her.

“Wanda?” said the female voice.

Wanda turned around.

“Felicia?” she said. She was face to face with her mother-in-law.