1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Official "Office" Thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frogster, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It's lines like that that are the exact reason for tuning into the show. One of many factors that make the show great.:zany:
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I just ended up buying the first season on DVD, and I'm in hysterics. ...And I'm only through the first two episodes! :zany: I LOVE THIS SHOW! ! ! !
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, for me it was like a show I know I would really love but it took me into the middle of the second season to really get into. But I do really want to see the show from the start. But I also want to see lost too. I think they have to whole show streaming in HD on abc's website. I have to catch it more often.:p
  4. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

I liked how Andy stole Jim's thunder with the proposal. :)
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*streaks through thread wearing only silk robe* Seriously...someone notice that we're OFFICEially serious about getting our punctuation back.
  6. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

We need our punctuation to express our adament love for the latest Office episodes! ! ! GIVE IT BACK! ! !
  7. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Actually Dr. you make a good point. Is he going to rat out Jim in order to get him busted? Plea his way out of it and try to get back at Scranton, since that's what he seems to be trying to do this season? Also, who made the call to get him arrested? Was it Jim? Kelly? His coke dealing friend? Jan? Who knows? I think that the one thing the strike did was get the writers to know that this season was a wash, but it got them to set up the next season threw these last few episodes. Hopefully, Holly stays, I'll have to ask my peeps at OfficeTally.com if she's staying or not. They seem to know more than I do lol.

Daniel
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Also loved the part where Darryl was holding the note on his keyboard and was pushing to far and dropped it. Classic!
  9. Teheheman

Alright, somebody linked me to something that was VERY interesting. Somebody said that Jim looks like Beaker. Take a look for yourself
    http://i7.tinypic.com/21l7cx1.jpg
    Now, the DVD comes out on Sept. 4th, and the season premiere is a few weeks later on the 25th. Let's see, anything else, oh yeah, OfficeTally is still open for business for all of your Office News and oh yeah, rumor has it there will be no spin-off. That's what I heard. That should be about it for now. Any speculation on the new season? I don't see Jim and Pam getting engaged this season. I see Dwight and Angela being blackmailed by Phyllis til Angela and Andy break up about midway through the season, and I see Holly being Michaels new love interest even after Jan gives birth.

Daniel
  10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I bet he is dong it on porous... Thats what she said!

I heard Amy Polar is suppose to star in the spin-off...
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

y--y-y-y-yugh! I really hope the Spin off doesn't happen if that's the case. I mean, not only is she instantly recognizable (something that made the Office work. When it started out, none of them were big stars. Maybe Steve, but he wasn't hal;f as big as he is today), but she just doesn't do that straightfaced comedy that the Office is famous for. She pretty much is used to more cartoonish characters. The characters she performs on SNL, The mother of the Queen Bee in Mean girls... all really exaggerated cartoony figures. I mean, it's not because I'm not really a fan of hers (I don't care for her, but she can be funny given the right project), it's that I just don't see her making it as believable.

I mean, you could say the characters in the Office are exaggerated... Michael's childish behavior, Dwight's... uh... creepiness and sometimes jarring oddness... but they make them so believable as actual co-workers and as real people you could meet in real life. I think a lot of the Office's success and tone (both the US and British versions) is attributed to films like This Is Spinal tap. They can clearly be cartoony, but they are just so believable. You're not watching a fictitious show... you're watching a documentary. You need the realism.
  12. ngreen522

ngreen522 New Member

Shut-Up! ... There's an OFFICE Thread ! ? ! ? ! I'll be posting here soon enough!
    Is anybody else watching the webisodes about Kevin and this ice cream shop idea?
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, I agree! The shows where you can relate to the people on them at a human level are always the best kind!

I saw that!
  14. Teheheman

I didn't see the webisodes. My computer is way too slow. But I'll wait until the DVD comes out, I'm sure that they'd be on the DVD.

Daniel
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I hear it's not even gong to be an office spin off anymore. Oh well...
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Just as well... Honestly, I don't think a Spin off would work at all. Either it would be an exact copy of the show we have now, or we'd get something sort of like it but without the same characters that made the original funny.

And NBC even included "Untitled Office Spin off" to the fall line up. I wonder what's gonna happen if it doesn't get made.
  17. Teheheman

The spin-off would turn into "Horrible idea to make Amy Pohler her own show". I already said that it wasn't gonna happen, and I knew that it wasn't a good idea. That last part being said, I dunno, there are a few characters that are kinda cartoony on the Office(Michael and Dwight being the obvious ones, but Creed? Andy? I know that you might not find a Creed in your normal Office, but then again, this is no normal office lol)

Daniel
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

That's what I was thinking.
  19. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

Who else saw the Season Premiere
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I saw it and wow!:eek: