Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

Beauregard

Reaction score
There's a "popular" button at the top, on the 'pick' page. I think its a shame that you can see who is ahead, actually, because that encourages people to choose on popularity rather than just the artwork...but...we'll see!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You can see the placing at this link.

Here’s the break-down.

(Read carefully if you want to know the skinny. It’s hard to explain this stuff. Again, this is not a complaint as much as an explanation of what's been happening.)

My last posted score on Wednesday afternoon was 3.95

It contained about 1,050 total votes. (That’s about the same number of total voters for any design since the beginning of the contest.)

560 of them were fives. (It had hella 5’s)

130 of them were ones.

The remaining votes mathematically seemed to be mostly 4's

2/3 of those ones came between Monday and Wednesday.

That's when the last entries were in. It sunk my design from a 4.2 within those few days. That’s obviously from the friends of the new entries trying to help their buddies out, but even so they were drops in the bucket because the scores right under me that had a similar amount of total votes were half a point lower or more. I watched as the 1's tried to sink my score and it took a lot of them to do it!

The other top 4 designs had about 900 votes or so and an average score of 3.4 at last look. It takes an effort to bridge that gap! Especially considering that mathematically they seemed to have a wide range of scores between 1's and 5's. In fact, less than half of their votes were 5’s and they had as many or more 1’s than my design.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not calling shenanigans. Please don't go so far to believe that to be the case. To me, it seems like some voters wanted to shake things up by knocking down the scores of mine and others to make particular designs fare better. I’m surprised the Banjo one isn’t in the lead. Who knows if it was done legitimately or not? But it appears to be what happened. I can’t really complain. It’s a contest and I’m sure some folk did that on my behalf too. It just appears to be a concentrated effort swipe at the top spots. Not just mine.

But on the good side, I am hearing that in the end - Threadless does whatever they want regardless of the outcome.

Personally, I'm a poor artist. I know my Muppets and needed the cash so I treated this like a job. That's why the outcome has so thoughtful with much polish and was submitted over two weeks before the deadline. I was planning (and still am if by slim chance I win) to divvy up most of the prizes and give them to the Muppet community in a creative way. I don't need another Kermit Banjo statue, but there are many who do!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Y'know...I should stop entering contests
Nah! I liked your stuff!!! Incidentally, I promise a lack of contests from me win or lose! I can't stand it! 5 more hours of this purgatory!

Incidentally, I'm back winning again, but who knows if that even means anything. I'm going to drown myself in a beverage at the local pub for this tail-end of Pride.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Nah! I liked your stuff!!! Incidentally, I promise a lack of contests from me win or lose! I can't stand it! 5 more hours of this purgatory!

Incidentally, I'm back winning again, but who knows if that even means anything. I'm going to drown myself in a beverage at the local pub for this tail-end of Pride.
Well thanks...I guess it's just a bad time for me :oops: At least it's almost over.
On the other hand, I didn't know they still made mugs that big....a-heheh...yeah :sleep::boo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm now calling Shenanigans against that stripey composition and only the stripey composition. It has flipped with my design all afternoon. It's cute, but really? Dude's got a lot of friends I guess. :confused:

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah there is no way in heck that 45 minutes tops(and Im being generous) stripe design is legitimately no. 1. Heck, I'd rather the balloon one win, as its my second favorite under Frogboy's Symbiosis.

Definitely shenanigans, as no way that design beats out hand drawn designs.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
From what I've seen so far, everyone has put in a lot of work for their designs. A number of the designs deserve to win, but alas, that will not be the case.​

I fear my confidence in my design(s) has faded since the contest switched to the new blind voting. There are those folks who are campaigning, sites that are taking sides and encouraging others rather than staying neutral, and the obvious shenanigans.​

But, as a true believer in my work and have some faith still. And Jim Henson once said, "I believe that we form our own lives, that we create our own reality and that everything works out for the best. I know I drive some people crazy with what seems to be ridiculous optimism, but it has always worked out for me." I believe that, too. Perhaps, I still have a chance.​

I also entered this contest to supplement my income. But I really wanted to give back to the muppet community and continue to be a part of it.​

(Incidentally, Frogboy, your explanation of what is happening is actually an explanation of what is happening to you, not to all the designs.)​

Best of luck to everyone in this close competition! Just think of the pool of muppet t-shirt designs and artists that have surfaced because of this!​

beaker

Reaction score
Toughpigs said some pretty kind words about your second design(its on one of the 5 pages of critiques they did)

the point of the contest is just for fun, work on you art chops, get some comments, etc.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I believe in inspiring others and will take support from wherever I get it. I am blessed either way. :smile: