1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Pork, Jun 1, 2011.

1. beaker Well-Known Member

@Dr Tooth: Yeah, Im a bit lazy too. I honestly couldn't think of anything that'd fit in with the typical threadless feel. I could have done some cheap hipster thing, Kermit and Fozzie with fake mustaches or Beaker and Bunsen high fiving in the air. I settled on just doing a big Big Mean Carl image with a floating feather above him that he just coughed up. But uh, Big Mean Carl isn't exactly something people would know(he's now one of my top 5 fave tho)

Also your art/coloring has really improved!
  2. LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

The Kermit mosaic is epic win! I love how most of the additional generic and minor Muppet charries are included with the central/3-dimensoinal characters and major Muppet characters. Canon, indeed. <3
    frogboy4 likes this.
  3. PDiddymus Member

frogboy4 likes this.
  4. SJohnson Member

5. frogboy4 Inactive Member

5 from me! And a supportive comment too. Very Muppety.
  6. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

This totally sucks. I want a good 60% of all of them! :)
    TSSD and frogboy4 like this.
  7. GonzoLover85 Member

Did everyone see the one with Cookie Monster?:eek:
  8. Drtooth Well-Known Member

This one?

I really don't like it. It's poorly manipulated stock art.

I take it back... I'd give that a 1, no doubt.
  9. TSSD Active Member

Kermit's eyes and Piggy's snout both just really creep me out on that one. The eyes especially!
  10. Pork Active Member

There are so many fantastic designs! So excited to eventually buy one of those t-shirts. I just with I could own more than one of them!!!
  11. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Scribbled out another tee design. Look for it tomorrow. It's called "Symbiosis" and it's not really designed to compete. It's just some muppety fun. :p My best friend moved away this week and I felt like using my idle hands to create something to dedicate to him. :sympathy:
  12. beaker Well-Known Member

13. GonzoLover85 Member

That was my thoughts exactly... it's the same pictures we've all seen 1000 times. What really threw me off though was Cookie being there... it seems to me that someone is just trying to cash in and took what they thought were the most popular "Muppets" apparently not realizing that Cookie and co. are a completely different property.

It's people like that that ruin the contest for others that have actually tried hard....
  14. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Cookie's inclusion doesn't bug me half as much as the ugly traced in photoshop stock photos... wasn't that Kermit already a T-shirt? Someone else stole it, sure.. but at least they didn't manage to make it look like a horrible rainbow of ugly.

I find these cheap photomanips unfair to those who actually drew something original... or at least did a GOOD job photomanipulating.
  15. GonzoLover85 Member

Favourite quote of the day... thank you for that. :)
  16. Slackbot Well-Known Member

We already have Kermit's Rainbow to fill that niche. Talk about being off-message.
  17. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Still, the OTHER guy who stole the exact design... I think some of the ones that just reuse stock pictures should be disqualified.

I mean, why bother with a contest if you're just going to use the same images over and over with different words? They already pay people to do that! :p
  18. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Mine's still faring well. Thanks everybody for the support! I created a second design out of pure silliness. It's called "Symbiosis" and I dedicated it to my friend Chip who moved away this week.
  19. Slackbot Well-Known Member

*laughs* I love this! Big Mean Carl is gonna be mighty peeved he was left out, I bet.

Nice tats on the model. Did I predict that or what?
    frogboy4 likes this.
  20. beaker Well-Known Member

Actually working on one that features Carl and a couple others, should be up later tonight. I figured eh, not like this opportunity will come around again soon. I think it's nuts to only pick one, I think Threadless should just make a whole line of them based off of one's the staff feels would sell well.

Also, as much as I'm kind of meh on people using stock photos...what the heck is up with people using Sesame characters? I think I even saw someone using Elmo(ugh...SO glad he's not going to have a cameo in the movie)

I am REALLY happy at seeing people use more obscure characters, like Frogboy's Symbiosis, the Thog one, the Muppaphones one and the Lew Zealand row boat one.

Some of these, even if they don't win, I'm going to try and print onto blank t-shirts for private use.