1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

We Need Another Movie

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by D'Snowth, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

To be perfectly honest, TM was a modest success, a sequel was announced not too long after, but we didn't exactly see a wave of Muppet stuff after that first movie. Maybe some promotion when it hit DVD, but that was about it. Even after a period of modest success, they were all too cautious with the characters for fear of overexposure (though every other franchise they own is pretty overexposed), and then had a huge burst right up for MMW. Maybe had they kept the momentum going after the first movie, there would have been more interest. I'd say having the interstitial and other taped things a year after the movie that wasn't as successful was more than they did for the movie that was.

2. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Ahhhh Tom Bergeron is filming something with The Muppets!!! I wonder if this was what Peter was talking about...:p
    [​IMG]

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! I'm a huge Tom Bergeron fan, so anything that combines both him and the Muppets automatically earns awesome points with me! :excited:

WalterLinz likes this.
  4. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

If you zoom up on Tom's card, it says "YouTube" at the top, but I can't make out any of the other letters. They're obviously filming something for Youtube, but I have no idea what.

WalterLinz likes this.
  5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Thats awesome!

WalterLinz likes this.
  6. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

The date 3/23 seems to have a bit of significance as well.

7. Muppet fan 123

True, seeing that 3/23 is tomorrow. Can we be expecting to see this video hit the internet tomorrow?

8. WalterLinz

Hm...you know after The Muppets film a video there must be a looot of editing and polishing up, but still, it'd be awesome if it were released tomorrow!:p

I also read Tom is leaving AFV and he said he's taping the final episode at Disneyland...soo it could be possible that they're filming over there, I dunno.:)

9. Muppet fan 123

Maybe the production wraps on the 23rd. I don't know how quickly they can roll these out, so you have a good point.

WalterLinz likes this.
  10. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

WalterLinz likes this.
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I remember back in the day when he was only a local talk show host. It's almost surreal to see how far he came since then. Granted, that was back in the 80's.

12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yup. Yup. Read all about that in his book.

13. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Oh my staaaarrs! I am so excited for this!!! Yes!!!

*Also, anyone else loving Dr. Teeth's new outfit? I just think it's totally groovy :D*

LeahXZoot4Evur and WalterLinz like this.
  14. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

Same!

15. WalterLinz

Another pic of Kirk directing! Yayy it's always nice to see Sam!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  16. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

A few more photos I found across Twitter...this looks like it's shaping up to be a very interesting project! My guess is another Muppisode!
    [​IMG]

And, apparently, Moby has something to do with it!

[​IMG]

17. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Grrrr, so many photos on Twitter.....

WHAT ARE THEY DOING??!! I WANNA KNOW!!

*collapses into a tantrum and starts blowing up the Muppaphones in irritation*

18. WalterLinz

Ahhhh!! Man, I just wanna do the happy dance!! I can't wait!!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  19. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Wow this looks exciting

20. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

I know this is not the case but I hope It Is a new Muppets Movie with this same group of film Makers, I highly Enjoyed The Muppets 2011 movie and Muppets Most Wanted, and I know the Box Office for MMW stunk but This series needs a Trilogy otherwise It just wouldn't feel right:sympathy: