1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Weird and Neat Facts about Yourself

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by crazed gonzo fa, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

*opens mouth to speak* ............ Darn it! I forgot. I guess it wasn't that interesting.

Oh! Got it again!

When I was about nine-ish, my parents let me watch The Truman Show. Very funny movie! But that's not the interesting part. You see, after I watched that, I was really paranoid that there were video cameras in all the mirrors in my house.

Also, (around the same time) my parents let me watch this special on - I think it's called Internal Combustion or something like that. Anyway, it's this thing where people burst into flames for no apparent reason. I was TERRIFIED that I would burst into flames at any moment. This went on for quite a while.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Oh believe me, I know what that's like, when I was just a little itty bitty guy (maybe like two or so) when I saw Home Alone 2: Lost in New York for the first time (and of course being that young, I didn't remember what movie it was), the scene where Marv was trying to wash his hands then got electricuted so bad at one point he was rendered into a screaming skeleton freaked me out so much I was afraid I'd get eletricuted and turned into a skeleton as well for quite sometime.

And then years later when I was like eleven or so I saw the movie for the first time (that I had remembered) and then saw Marv being eletricuted and rendered into a skeleton I laughed and I laughed and I laughed so hard because I thought it was funny, and then I paused for a minute and it dawned on me that I remember being freaked out about that same scene when I was little and didn't know what movie it came from, and now here I am knowing it's from Home Alone 2 and I'm laughing about it made me laugh even harder.
  3. FuzzMonkey

FuzzMonkey New Member

I'm afraid of ghosts. Any time I watch anything about ghosts or hauntings, I am freaked out for a couple days. I watched a Ghost Hunters marathon one weekend, and I slept with my light on. And I'm 30.:o It's strange because no other horror movies scare me. Maybe it's the thought that ghosts actually exist. I guess I'm not really afraid of ghosts in general, just those ones that scratch people and mess with them.
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Ooooo i know what you mean. I sometime watch "A Haunting" on the Discovery Channel and it's scares me half to death too. I can't watch any type of ghost movie by myself because i have to have all the lights on or it's bye bye me.
  5. D'Snowth

I had trouble sleeping for weeks after watching a documentary on the Discovery Channel about El Chupacabra last summer.
  6. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Oooo i bet that was scary too. :eek:
  7. FuzzMonkey

FuzzMonkey New Member

I thought they only messed with goats.
  8. D'Snowth

Not necessarily, from what some people said in the documentary, they can get anything, even dogs and cows.
  9. D'Snowth

Well, we've been talking a lot about "weird" facts, BUT, it doesn't seem like anyone's mentioned a rather "neat" fact lately, so here's another one about me...

For a very short while (since late 2005 or so), I've been collecting Snapple bottle caps (because I LOVE Snapple Apple) for the "Real Facts" on the bottom of the caps. As of right now, I have a total of 38 random caps, but I know I have quite a ways to go because the bottom of one cap says "Real Fact #350"... sadly, I do believe I've hit a road block as all the local grocery stores only carry "Snapple Teas" right now, and I can't stand tea!

But yeah, and inspired by Ernie and Bert, I managed to get myself an empty cigar box to keep them in.

EDIT: Make that 37 random caps, I just went through all of them and discovered a double, so I tossed one.
  10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I used to have an old Cigar box back when i would go over to my grandparents. Never really had anything in the box but it was a cool box to have.
  11. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

NEAT facts? Uhhhhh........ *sits and thinks real hard* I got nuthin. Next!
  12. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Sometimes when I get angry I want something to hit but I don't want to hit a person. Since I want something soft but not too soft, I just hit my knee several times. It hurts but it works... sometimes.
  13. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I hit pillows when I'm angry. It really gets the job done.
  14. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh I'm sure that does get the job done!

Ever since I was a child, I've taken the cheese off when I'm eating Pizza. No, I don't just throw it away. I eat it separately after finishing the main part. I've just always had this odd logic that, this way, there is more to eat and look forward to (even though it's actually the same amount) Once I finish the main part, there's still the cheese to devour!
  15. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

I've seen a lot of people do that!
  16. FuzzMonkey

FuzzMonkey New Member

Well, I collect horror, Sci Fi and fantasy movie soundtracks. I only have about 20 so far, but the collection is still growing. Sometimes I get frustrated and I have to bite something. I usually bite the bottom part of my right index finger really hard. That usually relieves the tension. It doesn't really hurt either. I have the strange ability to match any color I see when I'm painting figures or models. I seem to always know just what colors to add, and what amount is needed. I don't know if these are neat facts, but they are facts.
  17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I used to do that, too!:) But I still find it hard to avoid doing that. My poor teeth.:p

And they say you can't eat just one.;)

Yu know I has a friend in school who used to collect sprite cans or sprite bottles. and he had this tower on his desk full of then and he jut kept building. I think he drank at least sox cans a day, LOL!

When ever i do any thing like take a step, I always have to do it twice or an even number of times. I try to break the habit but it just so hard! Also when I'm watching a sports game on tv and my team is losing, I always hae to get out on my chair and go around it in a circle and enter back into it again from the left side.
  18. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

I still bite lollipops.. I just can't help it :zany:
  19. D'Snowth

When I was little my mom would never allow me to bite my suckers like that because she was afraid I'd choke on a chunk that was bitten off.
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, my mom didn't wan't me to bite into them because she was afraid that I would ruin my teeth.