1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Weird and Neat Facts about Yourself

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by crazed gonzo fa, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Mr. Turtle, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop. I've never made it without biting, ask Mr Owl.

Daniel
  2. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

I did this for a Science Fair project in middle school.. on average it's about 617 licks
  3. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

It is somewhere between 700-1200, I think, if I remember correctly doing this myself, it's somewhere in that area.

Daniel
  4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It depende on how you lick it. It can be done in only 150 licks. I've done it before.
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

To be honest I never had the patience to check!

Hmm, let's see, I have various sort of minor Obsessive Compulsive tendancies. Nothing really serious, just little things. Like if I see a pencil on the table with the point facing me, I always feel like I need to turn it around, in case someone gets hurts. Even if the pencil's in the middle of the table and there's no way it could hurt anyone. It makes no sense, yet at the time it does. The only way to get around it really is to tell yourself it's just your mind being silly and force yourself to walk away.
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I always have to straiten something out it is's not already. It just always has to be neat, perfect and in order or else it just really bothers me.

About the toosie Pop things, I always find myself biting into it preeeety early on. LOL!
  7. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I don't have the patience to lick lollypops. I always bite them as soon as possible. But I prefer things like Jolly Ranchers. Does anyone know where those got their name? Cuz I've been wondering that for a really long time.
  8. anytimepally

according to wikipedia, "The name was meant to suggest western hospitality." .. not too exciting :smirk:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jolly_ranchers
  9. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

OH. That's a dumb reason. But thanks for sharing!
  10. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

You learn something new every day!
  11. anytimepally

quite. maybe someone should invent a story as to where to really came from.. it'd probably be good for PR
  12. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Drew Carrey: Winner gets a Jolly Rancher... and I don't mean the candy.
  13. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I have some more:

When I was 2 I had stitches in the top of my mouth. SO glad I don't remember that!

I have a birthmark shaped like a number 9.

I took ballet for 7 years.

And that's all I can think of for now.
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I'm assuming the ballet lessons are a neat part about yourself, right?;)
  15. Skye

Skye Active Member

Nope... ballet lessons are pretty weird... ;)

I took them for 13 years... so maybe that's pretty weird! :D
  16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Same here, only I was 5, and it was around the time I had my tonsils taken out... I think the stitches were supposed to "dissolve" after a while or something like that because they never took them out, and apparently they were already there after I woke up from my operation.
  17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Okay. Thank you for telling me.

But 13 tears is pretty normal to me.;)
  18. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Yeah, the average person cries 11-15 tears on average, so pretty normal. :halo: Sorry Will, I had to. :p
  19. Skye

Skye Active Member

I just have to say... "Will and Carrie, sitting in a thread"... that's great, Ry! :D

I've been told that I have very expressive, intense, and mysterious eyes that seem to change colors often (they're green, but sometimes they look really blue or hazel).

I'm one of those people who loves things like pictures, calendars, etc to be even and straight and it can drive me crazy sometimes when they're not, haha!
  20. anytimepally

that's neat!