Well, I finally heard Steve's Statler

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Good catch. I was wondering what ep that was. :flirt: :wink:
Thanks. It kind of helps that I was watching that episode last night :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

-Kim

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
I never knew that it was Steve who performed Statler in the Weezer video. Where did this nugget of info originate from?

Ryan

Reaction score
Re: Re: Reply

Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Wow, you, like, ain't seen any Season 1 shows? :eek: Richard did a great Piggy, but it was quite vocally different from Frank's. Eric's is MUCH more like Frank. I don't mean Richard's was bad (it wasn't), just different. :smile:
I totally agree Byron. Richard's Piggy was wonderful. It was much more upper class and operatic

Ryan

Reaction score
Re: Re: Reply

Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
Try the Rita Moreno ep, if you have it. That's got the very first VH sketch in it with Richard doing Piggy and Erin voicing Janice, as well as in an At the Dance spot and some backstage spots. In fact, the only time Frank Oz does Piggy is during the "conversation panel" sketch (whatever it's called). So you can definately see the contrast between the two voices in that one episode.

And of course, one can't miss Rita Moreno slamming Animal's head between two cymbals. :wink:

-Kim
Oooh, good choice. Another would be Candice Bergen.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Unfortunately, Timelife hasn't released the Candace Bergen episode. My only means of knowing about that episode would be by reading the outline on that site. Maybe it would be a good idea to include sound clips with those. Just a suggestion.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
People are forgetting the most obvious example: Piggy's "star-making" performance in the Juliet Prowse episode. When she talks, it's live so it's Frank's voice; but the singing was prerecorded by Richard. So she switches back and forth in the same scene!!

The Juliet Prowse episode can be found on vol. 15 of the Time-Life episodes. :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah, I've read the outline of that one. I don't know if that's the best place to catch Richard's Piggy if Frank's voice is dubbed over that. That wouldn't be much different from MTI and MFS. I think the Rita Moreno ep would be better.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Daffyfan, only the singing is dubbed over, NOT the talking. That's the point. Piggy's voice switches back and forth from Richard's to Frank's in the same scene! :stick_out_tongue: That's what makes it a good side-by-side comparison.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Rats

I just missed the "Temptation" number on Muppet Central Radio!

*bangs head on the keyboard.*

I really wish that they'd provide advanced notice on what is playing. Oh, well. Thanks for the info, Chilly.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Chilly,

Ive watched that scene so many times that i cant even recognize the voice change no more !

Its just like its natural !

see ya