What kind of action will get SW's attention?

zns

Reaction score
We have got to get this through SW's head. They cannot let these shows go to waste. They need to realize how important all of this was in our childhood:grouchy:

Rosewood

Reaction score
Okay people, here's the latest info...........

Okay, fellow SS die-hards! I just went on the internet today and, on a whim, I typed in "petitions sesame street" and pushed go! In response, I discovered that there are presently over 6,500 on-line petitions out there regarding Sesame Street! Also among all this were articles stating why NOT to start on-line petitions in general, stating that they don't work, and then explaining why; using, as an example, one that was started addressing none other than the subject of SS!After reading all this, I get the funny feeling that an on-line petition would not be such a good idea.:sympathy:

However, after talking with my husband to get suggestions, we came up with the following alternative: I start a "generic" opening statement which then gets presented to all of you to pick apart and add to untill we come up with something we can all agree on that would be worthy of being sent by people who are members of this forum. (However, the "Muppet Central Forum" name would not be included anywhere on this, since the forum itself does not wish to be represented by this in any way.) Once we get an opening statement created, stating our concerns and wishes, a draft would be made that individuals could print out and get actual signatures on and then send to SW by actual mail. From what I understand, when a media company (like SW) receives an actual postage petition, (or even a simple letter of concern from a single individual), they use it as a base to guage just how many other people really feel the way the sender does by giving it a number of votes (exactly how many I'm not sure, but my husband seems to think it is 1,000 for every 1!). If this is truely the case, then mabey we have all been going about this the wrong way all along. Just think about it: if all the members who are concerned about this subject were to send a single letter to SW, using our opening statement as the format (so that the letters SW received would be sure to be kept together) it would start the ball rolling. And rather than gathering multiple names on one copy, you would simply make multiple copies of the draft format, and each time you find a person who feels the same and is willing to sign, give them a copie and have them sign it and send it to SW. Folks, we could inendate SW! And mabey we could finally get this subject addressed! What do you fellow members think? I'm open for suggestions.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I have a pretty good feeling about what Rosewood is doing. If enough of us work at this we can get Classic Sesame Street back on the air and not just this Post Elmo's world junk theyr'e wasting their time with on the new Sprout Channell. Iv'e said this before, that if enough of us work at this we can bring Classic Sesame Street, either back to TV or on DVD. For some reason I would prefer it to be back on TV. It would be more accessable that way. I don't know if it would be put on Sprout, or if they would make a Classic Sesame Channell. The channell could have not just old episodes, but old specials, and TEC, 321 contact and older episodes of the foreign Co-productions of Sesame Street, like Plaza Sesamo from the 1970's. It could also have Canadian Sesame Street, which was just like US Sesame Street only with Canadian skits replacing some of the U.S. skits. I'm sure we can manage something, and I have faith that with enough support we will have our way and classic Sesame Street will return in some form. Keep up the good work Rosewood and don't give up on this. We can all work on this together, and take a lesson from SS, and Cooperate!

zns

Reaction score
:excited: Let's do this thang

Rosewood

Reaction score
Update

zns said:
:excited: Let's do this thang
Okay! I'm working on the "generic" statement as we speak. I agree; let's do this!:excited: :excited:

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
I will also argee to sign it. I was there from day one to present. (Yes I still watch the show and it changed a lot through the years.) I think the younger group should see what happend on the show. and even show the piolt that selled the show with Alphabetman, (I hear others asking what is Alphabetman?) way before Alphabates the airlplain guy. There was a segment about a hero called Alphabetman. It only lasted one season.

Rosewood

Reaction score
rumtar_10165 said:
I will also argee to sign it. I was there from day one to present. (Yes I still watch the show and it changed a lot through the years.) I think the younger group should see what happend on the show. and even show the piolt that selled the show with Alphabetman, (I hear others asking what is Alphabetman?) way before Alphabates the airlplain guy. There was a segment about a hero called Alphabetman. It only lasted one season.
I remember the airplain guy! His name was "Alphabet Bates".:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
rumtar_10165 said:

Do you mean "Alphaboy"?

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
No, theyr'e talking about something that only was around for a year during the first Season. Alphaboy was later, in the mid or late 90's I think.