What kind of action will get SW's attention?

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
ok Alphabet man was a super hero.
Alphabates flew the airplane.
Alphaboy was a boy superhero.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Okay, folks, heres the suggested draft.

Heres a basic draft to start with. Go ahead and tell me where the strong and weak points are, (spelling and format included), as well as anything else you feel would improve this letter or make it more "proffesional". Just remember, the basic topic we are addressing here is getting the new, enhansed classic episodes of Sesame Street made available to the general public and stay on task. Also remember that this letter is going to be one that will NOT be signed by multiple people, but, instead, will have multiple copies made of it that will then be sent to SW, each signed by a single person. (this is one case where quantity, as well as quality will make a big difference!) Once we all agree on a final draft, we will then address the subject of how to get a "master copy" to each person who is willing to become part of this effort.
Here we go!

Dear Sesame Workshop,
I,___________________, as one of the many people whose donations and tax dollars are counted on to keep your program alive, would like to make a simple request from you, the producers of Sesame Street. Considering the known fact that many, if not all, of the early episodes of Sesame Street have now been touched up and enhanced, I would request that these episodes now be made available somehow to the general public; either by airing them on public television, or by releasing them for sale (at a reasonable price) on DVD. I know you can do this without infringing on any copyright laws or giving up your rights to use any of the clips you may release, due to the fact that many clips you have included in videos released so far are still presently being used in your current shows today. How you would do it would ultimately be up to you, but please consider this letter an official and formal request from a citizen of the public.
Sincerely, __________________.
Any input and / or feedback from fellow members interested in being involved in this endevor would be greatly appreciated!

Rosewood

Reaction score
Okay, folks, heres the "rough draft"

Heres a basic draft to start with. Go ahead and tell me where the strong and weak points are, (spelling and format included), as well as anything else you feel would improve this letter or make it more "proffesional". Just remember, the basic topic we are addressing here is getting the new, enhansed classic episodes of Sesame Street made available to the general public and stay on task. Also remember that this letter is going to be one that will NOT be signed by multiple people, but, instead, will have multiple copies made of it that will then be sent to SW, each signed by a single person. (this is one case where quantity, as well as quality will make a big difference!) Once we all agree on a final draft, we will then address the subject of how to get a "master copy" to each person who is willing to become part of this effort.
Here we go!

Dear Sesame Workshop,
I,___________________, as one of the many people whose donations and tax dollars are counted on to keep your program alive, would like to make a simple request from you, the producers of Sesame Street. Considering the known fact that many, if not all, of the early episodes of Sesame Street have now been touched up and enhanced, I would request that these episodes now be made available somehow to the general public; either by airing them on public television, or by releasing them for sale (at a reasonable price) on DVD. I know you can do this without infringing on any copyright laws or giving up your rights to use any of the clips you may release, due to the fact that many clips you have included in videos released so far are still presently being used in your currant shows today. How you would do it would ultimately be up to you, but please consider this letter an official and formal request from a citizen of the public.

Any input and / or feedback from fellow members interested in being involved in this endevor would be greatly appreciated!

Rosewood

Reaction score
Yes! Thanks Fozzie!

Fozzie Bear said:
Looks fine to me.

Can I edit it for you on this line to spell "currant" correctly? "current."
I was wondering about the way that was spelled. I ran the letter through "spell check" and that was one word it didn't catch, due to the fact that there is more than one way to spell it. Is it possible to correct the word in the original post, or do I need to make an entire new one?:confused:

Rosewood

Reaction score
"corrected" version of letter

Okay, folks, heres the "rough draft"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go!

Dear Sesame Workshop,
I,___________________, as one of the many people whose donations and tax dollars are counted on to keep your program alive, would like to make a simple request from you, the producers of Sesame Street. Considering the known fact that many, if not all, of the early episodes of Sesame Street have now been touched up and enhanced, I would request that these episodes now be made available somehow to the general public; either by airing them on public television, or by releasing them for sale (at a reasonable price) on DVD. I know you can do this without infringing on any copyright laws or giving up your rights to use any of the clips you may release, due to the fact that many clips you have included in videos released so far are still presently being used in your current shows today. How you would do it would ultimately be up to you, but please consider this letter an official and formal request from a citizen of the public.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Letter to send SW requesting classic episode releases

Okay, people, I think we have gotten enough possitive input, including a "stamp of aproval" from Fozzie, that I feel it safe to declare this the "Official Statement". All we need now is for people to be willing to make a copy or copies of this and first; sign one themselves and get it sent off to SW. The address to send it to goes as follows:
Sesame Workshop
1 Lincoln Plaza
NewYork, NY,

Then, if your willing to go above and beyond sending your own letter and have access to make multiple copies (such as a printer) try asking people you think would be interested in the same cause and see if they will sign and send one, also. Remember; we are not just counting on quality here. This is one case where quantity can make it or break it! Every single letter has the power of 1,000 petition signatures! The more individual letters SW receives, the better! Let's get on this!:excited:

Dear Sesame Workshop,