What the "Stop Online Piracy Act" could mean for us USA folks...?

Ozymandias

Reaction score

I'm really surprised nobody has posted this yet. Some of the claims by this guy seem to be a little bit far-fetched, but the information he has to back his arguments up sounds very legitimate.

To sum up the video: The main media corporations supporting SOPA are the main distributors of piracy software such as bitTorrent in tthe first place, meaning that SOPA's the end of a very long con.

Your thoughts?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey, like I said, thus far the information does look somewhat legit.
Well I have no idea who is guy is, or what he's backing up his claims with exactly. As a researcher I have to be a bit skeptical until this is corroborated elsewhere.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's an update on SOPA:

SOPA Blackout: Bills Lose Three Co-sponsors Amid Protests
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tec...-pipa-lose-three-co-sponsors-in-congress.html
And that's going to do a world of difference.

Seriously. If any bill out there proves that the law of the land is bought by lobbyists, it's SOPA. Too bad these internet companies like Wikia and Google can't pool their resources and buy lobbyists to combat it. That's the only way it would stall long enough. I doubt it's not going to pass even then.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Wikipedia has completly blacked out to demonstrate it. Muppet Wiki also sort has.