Your Favorite Series 5 Figure is...

What is your favorite action figure from series 5?

• Gonzo in Purple Tux and Camilla

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Janice

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Muppet Newsman

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Pepe

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Janice Repaint

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thijs

Reaction score
If I could change my vote I would change it to the newsman. i've seen some closeup pics, and the Newsman is totally awesome

Kermie81

Reaction score
Gonzo and Camilla

I voted for the cutest Muppet couple :concern: and camilla!!

I love those two together. How could you not....a whatever and a chicken

Telly

Reaction score
I voted for Gonzo in the purple tux. Pepe's in a VERY close second!!!! Janice lost points because my figure had paint splotches on the back of the leg so I didn't notice it when i bought her and plus one of her legs is shorter than the other so it's hard for her to stand on her own without the base. The Newsman was WAY cool but I didn't much care for the stickers for the backdrop. The thing that put Gonzo in the lead of Pepe was the accessories. I'm so in love with the fact that Gonzo came with a bugle or horn or whatever that is that he used at the beginin of the episodes of the Muppet Show. Plus it's very cool that Camilla's not forgotten! She kinda got pushed back ever since Jim Henson passed away and Rizzo's been pukshed forward.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Some people are reporting figure legs being different sizes when they are actually meant to be posed with one leg in front of the other. Could that be it?

These aren't supposed to be stiff poses. These figures are intended to have a living breathing appearance so they have slight weight shifts. Janice's left (the viewer's right) leg is supposed to be in front of the other. You will see one leg is bent more than the other. This is all intentional.

I'm waiting for someone to note a problem with Gonzo's shoe not being flat. Scooter is a good example of what they are trying to avoid with the legs. They are a little too even and symmetrical, but that was the design to ride his skateboard. Each figure gets a different treatment. Hope this helps your enjoyment of Janice. Tell me if it works. Her legs are ball jointed so she should be able to stand on her own. Her legs are pretty skinny so it might take a little patience. I put a dab of kneeded eraser under each heel to give her a little tack. This worked for series one Piggy. :flirt:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I just managed to stand Janice up without the stand, she stands up better than my series 1 kermit with the stand. Its pretty clever as her legs are so skinny and she can stand up without a stand. :smile:

Fozzie54

Reaction score
Pepe's eyes

Does anybody else's Pepe figure have smaller pupils than he does in the pictures on the package? I don't know if they're supposed to be like that or if I got a weird one. :confused:

Telly

Reaction score
Thanks for the info FrogBoy!!!!! I feel sheepish! :embarrassed: Janice looks SOOOO much cooler without the stand, like, fer sure! It's my body mom and, like, I'll walk around naked if I want to. :flirt: I did notice Gonzo's shoe was bent like he was walking. At first I didn't care for it, but it's really no big now. I noticed at Media Play when I was buying them, it looked like there was a problem painting his nose as the other two there, the top part of his nose was white. I found one where the whole nose was painted. None-the-less, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the figures! It's so cool to have the Electric Mayhem finished (I don't really considered Toots an original member of the Electric Mayhem. It seems as if he didn't show up in the band until Great Muppet Caper. :confused:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Fozzie54 said:
Does anybody else's Pepe figure have smaller pupils than he does in the pictures on the package? I don't know if they're supposed to be like that or if I got a weird one. :confused:
The photos on the packaging are from early prototypes. Pepe (the puppet) has small pupils that resemble the figure released. :rolleyes: :smile:

I was wondering what people would think about the leg weight shift. People who had trouble standing last year's tux Kermit could have been trying to pose him with his feet side by side. He was intended to have one foot slightly in front of the other. It took me a while to figure that out with him. :smile:

Kinggodzillak

Reaction score
I voted for Janice. She's one of my fav muppets and the figure is excellent. Nearly lost patience trying to get her out of the box, but once she was out I was happy. :flirt:

I only got her and the Newsman, but I did see Pepe and Gonzo in the shop too, and I think the Newsman would come in 2nd, Gonzo 3rd and Pepe 4th.