1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Series 6-10 Wish List

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by King Prawn, Jun 30, 2002.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Must have figures that are yet to be released IMHO:

Fozzie, Gonzo, Floyd, Animal and Harry are already set, of course. So are Lew, Scooter, Rowlf, Zoot and Swedish Chef. The rest of the waves is where is starts to get fuzzy as stated recently in the Ask Ken thread. Threads 4 and on seem to be rather loose still. These are the must have characters beyond them:

Janice
    Sweetums
    Sam
    Statler
    Waldorf
    Beauregard
    Pepe
    Pops
    Rizzo
    Swinetrek characters
    Uncle Deadly
    Newsman
    Marvin Suggs
    and yes, Clifford

Kind of in that order too.
    My more extreme wish list would start with
    Thog
    Clueless
    Nigel
    Lous Kazagger
    Johnny
    Sal
    Seymour
    Mildred
    George
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

I NEED WALDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Oh, yeah. Him too. They could also make a variant of him and there are so many packing combinations! I'm sure Ken and Palisades would love working on such a wacky character!
  4. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

How About miss Piggys Dreasing Rome As A Playset
  5. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

All I want is a Holloween themed set (similair to the Simspsons Treehouse of Horrors) consisting of:
    Mulch ~ Uncle Deadly ~ Boppity

Also (Muppetfest/Fan Club)

Two Pack from the Mark Hamill/Star Wars
    Episode:
    Dirth Nader ~ Princess Piggy
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I know this is a wish list, but it has already been expressed, however, that the Star Wars parodies can not be made. :( Just wanted to make sure you knew that. I'd love Dirth Nader!

A Halloween set is interesting, but I'd just want the characters seperately. No real set. It would probably sell better that way. I don't know about Mulch, though. I'd buy him, but he's not really tops on my list. Maybe in wave 18 or something. Uncle Deadly, Boppity and Van Neuter are up there though! Gloat too, but he's just so obscure that I don't see Palisades breaking down and giving in to it. Still, the Muppet Show license covers most of that (except for Van Neuter) and this is a wish list.
  7. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

I can see why Lucas would be touchy about the Star Wars Parodies, but given his on-going relationship with Henson, I think it would be a possibility to do these as a Muppetfest exclusive, just a few hundred pieces, not a mass produced, regular retail piece.
    A boy can dream, can't he?
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I get you. It's just that those figures have been continually nixed by Palisades for that reason. On the off chance that they could ever be made they would likely be regular assortment characters because they are so choice.

About Lucas being cool about such stuff - I wouldn't count on it. That just goes against any info I've heard about him. But this is the wish list and you never know. Things have changed drastically with the figures before as we know. I'd definitely buy them!!
  9. towels

towels New Member

I don't know if I'd blame Lucas as much as his legal arms. He seems to have a pretty good sense of humor (letting Dirth Nader exist in the first place and continual Weird Al parodies) but I imagine it's like the U2/negativland situation a few years back.
  10. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

First off I am amazed at the refferences that come about here. I was under the impression that everyone at U2 had signed off on the Negativeland CD, and it was Casey Kasem that was the thorn in the side of it's release. Oh well, it just makes my copy more valuable.

As far as Lucas goes, I think it is the Legal Army that keps stuff from happening. He has a history with the Muppets, so if someone (like Palisades) approached him about doing figures from Labyrinth, and had a serious meeting, and at the end said, "oh, by the way, you wouldn't mind if we made 500 sets of Dirth Nader and Princess Piggy figures for the fan club as Muppetfest exclusives, would you?"
    We might get the right answer. :D

And the monsters HAVE to be in a playset, something simple like Mulch's bell tower with the Gargoyles would be perfect.
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

How about more Super Hero versions of characters? I mean, we have Superhero Scooter!
  12. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Frogboy-

Palisades's license covers Boppity and Gloat?! Are you sure? If so, this is good news to me.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It should! They are Muppet Show charaters (though they were named in the specials). THey appeared in many many shows too. It's just that they aren't major players - more like background - that makes them unlikely.
  14. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

I actually thought that would be a natural for the San Diego show (it is a COMIC BOOK convention, after all)
    IS the Scooter still unsold? I think that would be a natural for Diamond Comics to carry it.
  15. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Not sold as of yet...but yeah DCD would be a good choice...
  16. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

Glad you liked the idea, I mentioned it to a friend that has an in there. Now I must go and change my avatar a couple of times before lunch.
  17. E.MayhemRoadie

E.MayhemRoadie New Member

Muppet Babies,...

I enjoyed the Muppet Babies ( both the cartoon and their debut in MTM.) I think that with the announcement made about their 20th year, they should be exclusives or mail aways. ( Like the entire B-Sharp Simpsons line.) I remember for a while, the Simpsons had their celebrity voiced line as well as their regular waves, so why not do that and have, like, two to a pack?

It would probably be:
    Baby Kermit and Baby Piggy (With Rocking Horse)

Baby Rowlf and Baby Fozzie (With baby piano and rubber chicken)

Baby Gonzo and Baby Animal ( With single drum and stuffed Camilla)

Baby Scooter and Baby Skeeter ( I can't really think of an accessory.)

Baby Bunsen and Baby Beaker ( Give them a mini lab.)

Baby Staler and Baby Waldor (sorry if that's wrong, I'm half a sleep.)

Then the playset could be the nursery
    and so on and so on,...

As for repeat figures, or variants, if there's anything Kermit, please make him with stronger legs. Now, I know this would throw off the look but, I've only had my Kermie for about nine months now and he's leaning so bad, his nose touches the shelf!
    :halo: :sing: :cool: :flirt: :D
    Emili
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

This is a wish list for Palisades' Muppet action figure line. The line does not cover Muppet Babies. Another company has that license. There will probably be figures and plushes from another company, but not Palisades. So keep your eyes peeled in the coming year. :)
  19. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

That would be SO AWESOME!!! :)
  20. mikealan

mikealan New Member

Well, Muppet fans, Series 6-8 had been scheduled already! We're all excited that Statler, Waldorf, Clifford, Patrol Bear, Kermit as Captain Smollet, Frog Scout Robin, Johnny Fiamma, Beauregard, Polly Lobster, the original Sam the Eagle, Usher Scooter, Dr. Phil, and Marvin Suggs are arriving very soon. Pepe the King Prawn was already made for Series 5.

If we want Palisades to continue working on the Muppets, we need the original Rowlf the Dog, the original Robin the Frog, Sweetums, Sal Minnela, Lips, Pops, Nurse Piggy, Dr. Bob, and Nurse Janice and more.

Can you think of ideas for Series 9-16? I can't think of the wishing list would be!