Your Series 6-10 Wish List

beaker

Reaction score
gorry wrote:

>>>nigel
gorilla(with half broken gorilla detector)
granny the gouger
robot frog(with windup device on back)
playset:cowboy saloon with bartender(i didn't know dem pickles was loaded.lol)<<<

sounds like someone has that mighty cool muppet show book from 1978. Making your own robot frog would be easy, just glue a wind up thing to the back of Kermit. If one has time and patience, a lot of the variants people ar emaking can be made from existing or figures coming up.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Re: Mahna Mahna

Frogboy, I heard Ken say Mahna Mahna wasn't covered by the current contract. This means that, true, Palisades doesn't have the rights but at the same time it makes it sounds like getting them isn't totally out of the question. Never heard that Henson wasn't supporting it; where'd you hear that? And why aren't they supporting it?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It could have been another character Ken mentioned, but I thought he said they weren't supporting Mahna. You know, that should be the Muppet Fest variant IMHO!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Well, I know they nixed the idea of the Jim Henson Muppet. Don't know what else they frowned at.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
To: Frogboy Re: At the Dance playset

Hey you know, if they did an At the Dance playset they could make it adaptable. Make the normal playset with the chandeliers and make them detachable so you can switch them with colored 'lights' and put a spot in the middle where you can attach the mirror ball. It can go from fancy ballroom to discotheque!

There is one disadvantage to an At the Dance playset overall, though: it requires a ceiling. Most playsets I've seen (and I'll admit I've seen few) when they're of a place don't have a ceiling. It casts a shadow and restricts not only the amount of light but also the amount of free space. It can make a playset seem boxy and confining, plus dark.

I did, however, just think of something that might lessen the effects. The ceiling, chandeliers, lights, mirror ball etc. need some place to attach to some sort of base. On the show they were hung from the studio ceiling, but here they need a base. Well, perhaps the walls could be made of see-through plastic with a flat hollow middle where you can slide the backdrop in. Angle the sides outward to keep it from being boxy and maybe don't have the ceiling cover the whole thing. If there was a way to move the color through clear sides without lessening the light then it might work even better and may be worth doing. I don't know much about the technical side... but I'm sure Ken knows a few things! Maybe use tinted clear plastic, but cloudy it enough to let in light and nothing else. I dunno. Ken, any ideas? Liking any of what you're hearing, er, reading?

And what do you think, Frogboy? And what do you think, everybody else?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd say maybe a clear strip accross the top of the set - or maybe just a clear rod.

matleo

Reaction score
OK, my turn. I pit a lot of thought ino this, but it meshes with a lot od things that have already been said. Same stuff different order.

Series 6: Stat, Waldo, Lewis Kazaager, Chief Link, Bear on Patrol playset: w/ Fozzie

Series 7: Uncle Deadly, Marvin Suggs, Nurse Piggy, Nurse Janice, Vet's Hospital w/ Rowlf

Series 8: Pepe, Cliford, Lips, JP Grosse, Dressing Room with some for m of Scooter variant,

Series 9: Johnny, Sal, Mahana Mahna, Snowths, Piggy w/ Motor cycle

Series 10: Bobo, Dr. Phil, Bean, Pops Don't have a regular playset, but a deluxe ackstage w/ Thog would be cool.

--Matt

Reaction score
I just want
waldorf
statdler
cajun shrimp
rizzo
sweedish chef
burnt beaker[from a explosion]
other than that
most of the figures that I want are coming out in waves 1-3

ss nay.1