1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Mar 14, 2014.

1. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I have decided I think it is an awful missed subtle gag that a member of the Electric Mayhem doesn't have the line 'How can I feel the high when I feel so low?'. My favorite EM jokes are the gentle jabs at rock and roll lifestyle.

heralde and Plaid Fraggle like this.
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

That was actually Rowlf's line.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Yeah i always get confused at that line since Teeth and Rowlf sound so similar...

4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Another reason I love the song "The Big House", it reminds me of the song sung by Peggy Lee as Peg backed up by the rest of the dog pound inmates from Lady and The Tramp keeping that fabulous 50's doo-wah sound/vibe.

Plaid Fraggle and muppetlover123 like this.
  5. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

My point. Should have been an EM member line.

Plaid Fraggle and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  6. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

It's been said that "I'll Get You What You Want" is a great disco style parody, and I agree to a degree, but I like it partly because it has these wonderful echoes of early-'80s pop songs - particularly Kajagoogoo's "Too Shy" and also the likes of Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran and Culture Club. Bret McKenzie's demo version actually feels like it could have been a Top-40 hit (especially in the UK) if it had been released in 1982 or '83.

Also, while I'm glad Bret didn't go with his original concept (Constantine as Elvis and/or The Big Bopper and/or John Travolta in Grease), that demo actually has some comic value, especially Bret's uncontrollable faux-macho giggling at the end.

7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'd say it's closer to light soul than disco. It kinda reminds me of Lou Rawls's "You'll Never Find" (or whatever that song's called). It has an inherent cheese to it, making it a tacky 1970's lounge number- only better.

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  8. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

You should hear Sesame Street's versions:

9. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

The Original Score album is now available! I'm listening to it right now, and it's wonderful! The only thing that would be better would be if they went back and released Christophe Beck's score for the last movie too...

10. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I actually have the score from the last film it was up for download a long time ago. Why it wasn't included on the original soundtrack to begin with I'll never know.

ToodlesTeam likes this.
  11. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Would you be willing to send files?

12. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

No, but it's no more expensive to purchase than a movie ticket. Give Disney some support! It might encourage them to put out more score albums for movies that wouldn't normally get one!

13. Pinkflower7783

Agreed I think it's only 10.00.

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  14. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Can anyone please put Piggy's version of My Heart will Go On on YouTube?

15. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

My top three
    -We're Doing A Sequel
    - I'm Number One
    -The Big House

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  16. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

My top 5:
    1. We're doing a Sequel
    2. I'll get you what you want
    3. Macarena
    4.Together Again
    5.Interrogation Song

Why I chose these as my top 5:
    We're doing a Sequel: I chose this one because it makes a lot of sense.

I'll get you what you want: It seems like an old late 1970's disco song.

Macarena:Nice beat and Miss Piggy is amazing in this song.

Together Again: Well, welcome to 1984 all over again!

Interrogation Song: It's like an crime scene in a broadway kind of style.

Why I chose these songs over the following:

Something so Right: I really felt like it was too fast for me. I wished they would slow it down.

The Muppet Show Theme (Los Muppets): I understand that they did the Muppet Show Theme, but why let Pepe do the introductions when Kermit did it back in Season one? Besides, he was the host in the first place.

I'm Number One: Yes, we all understand that Ricky Gervais was awesome in this movie, but I really didn't like Constantine in the movie that much.

Muppets Most Wanted Score Suite: It's instrumental. Need I say more?

Moves Like Jagger: I understand that it was a good song, but there are better one that I really like.

Working in The coal mine: Who in the world in Jermaine Clement? I haven't even heard of this name before.

The Big House: I feel like Josh Groban ruined the song with the lines "In the Big House you will not survive. When you arrive in the Big House, run for your life!" I feel like Nadya (played by Tina Fey) would have gotten really mad at him.

There you go. Those are the reasons.

ElizaSchuyler and Bridget like this.
  17. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I just want to point out that in 'We're Doing A Sequel (Demo)', when Bret imitated Rowlf singing,"We can't do any worse than the Godfather III!" he sounded a little bit like Steve would if Steve were to try to perform Rowlf.

That's just what I noticed.....

muppetlover123 and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  18. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

I kind of hear as either Statler or Waldorf performing it.

19. Pinkflower7783

I still haven't purchased the score from Muppets Most Wanted for whatever reason I wasn't as drawn to it like the last film. I only maybe like one or two songs on it so it's not really worth forking out 10.00 for.