Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 34

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Can someone tell me about the Wayne Brady between song? Was there more than one song with Wayne? Also, could someone give me a rundown of the Bert & Ernie dance bit?

Thanks.

Heard about the Elmo loves Gina plotline on toughpigs.com. Can't say's I blame him, I had a crush on her when I was a lad:wink:

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here you go

Ok Erine's and Bert's dance thing. Well Erine surpise Bert while reading a book and says "Lets dance" So then a stob light comes down from the cealling and spins. While monsters start to dance with Bert. They do the husle (Oh don't mind my spelling) disco, tango and for some reason everything goes back to normal, with Bert saying "What just happend?" then saying "This never happend." then goes back on reading his book. And Wayne only had one song. So there you go. Hope thats enough imfomation for ya.:wink:

mikealan

Reaction score
Well, I think I only watched the SS shows from 1999 or 2000 on Noggin...But, hey! Most SS fans who like classic SS did not like the current SS, but most of us MC fans enjoyed the 34th season! The premiere of the 34th season was sponsored by "12" because it had the Ladybug Picnic (I know it's right after the Count's number of the day segment). The second episode was sponsored by "2" because it had the classic toucan 2-step sung by a cartoon fiddler. What classic cartoons, films and muppet segments are finally back on this new season?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh, Mikealan, I feel that I need to correct you on a couple of things.
1 The Season 34 priemere did indeed feature the classic song about the number 12, "The Ladybug's Picnic" but the episode was factually sponsored by the number 7. When my namesake started playing his counting organ, it went all the way up to 7, followed by seven dancing chickens. There was even a classic narrated cartoon about 7 cats.
2 The animated fiddler character is Jim Henson's the Amazing Slim. He sang songs like the 2-step and the Amazing 3 Song with actual appearances. Jim just sang other classic cartoon number songs but his character never appeared in them.
Hope this helps.

ssetta

Reaction score
There was another classic clip today!

Well, I'm the Mighty M!
Don't Mess with ME!
Or your name will be MUD!
I can Mix it up, I can Mow it down!
So, what do ya think of that, MMMM???

AnthonyF3

Reaction score
Man, I was so pumped. I was going to post something about how yummy Gina looked, but, sure enough, leave it to Quinn to ruin my whole day.

Dirty old man.

Crazy, Man

Anthony F. Strand

:wink:

I LOVE THESE SMILIES! HOW LONG HAVE THOSE BEEN HERE?!

Oh well, I guess that's what I get for having a life. The things you miss . . .

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
To answer a couple of questions:

Jennifer Barnhart is playing Gladys now. (She was Cleo on Between the Lions, and was also a Book of Pooh puppeteer.) Jennifer also plays Mama Bear now, and Stephanie D'Abruzzo will be playing Baby Bear's new sibling.

Frank Oz spent two days taping for season 34, with particular emphasis on Bert and Ernie.

Cookie didn't appear at the Karaoke night because David was busy playing Baby Bear in every take.

Somebody mentioned a "Prairie Dawn"-like girl Muppet in the background of the Karaoke scenes. She was an unofficial Muppet tribute to Britney Spears.

secret squirrel

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel
Frank Oz spent two days taping for season 34, with particular emphasis on Bert and Ernie.

...awesome.

The other stuff is good too.

Will the "Britney" girl make another appearance, or is she just background for now?

Hard to say, I imagine.

Personally, if they're doing little girl Muppets I'd prefer to see Prairie or Betty Lou in the background for the sake continuity for the 20-somethings watching :halo: but she was pretty cute.

Glad to see my favorite cow back in action!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel

Somebody mentioned a "Prairie Dawn"-like girl Muppet in the background of the Karaoke scenes. She was an unofficial Muppet tribute to Britney Spears.

Are you kidding me?

Hahaha... Britney seeps into SS culture huh? Can I get a "Oops, I did it again!" please?

Hahaha