• I haven't decided yet

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I'm still buying the set

Votes: 100 87.7%

• Total voters

jrhzoot

Reaction score
Cut Intro?

I myself am very excited to get this set and honestly can't believe they actually decided to go with the original openings- how cool is that?

Anyways there's mention to a few episodes having cut intros. I was just wondering what that means exactly?
Thanks

Squigiman

Reaction score
Ok, so I started a separate thread and was then pointed out to this one. I am very split, but am also very miffed, mostly about the pitch reel. When it is advertised on the cover, and included obviously as a treat to the diehards like some of us, THIS should be left untouched. It is a huge slap in the face of Jim Henson's creative genius to leave out that one last line. Sure, the thing holds up without it, but being that this is and will most likely forever be the only commercially available form of it, it is very unfair to release it as such. It serves as a tremendous tease. It's as if some long lost Stooges movie or say an Abbot and Costello bit was discovered and "fully restored and remastered from the original footage", but leaving you with only Abbot saying "Say, who was that lady I saw you with, last night?", with COstello's response. I don't usually get so stereotypically angry geeky, but this IS the Muppets, and that is butchery, pure and simple.

The in-show cuts I could deal with a bit better, though it all still seems to go against the promise of being fully restored or whatever. I guess the war on piracy isn't such a big deal of studios with all the money in the world won't do everything in their massive power to make the stuff available. I'd pay upwards of fifty bucks a season if it was completely unedited, as was originally broadcast, even without extras. Well, maybe not COMPLETELY lacking extras, but with NO coming attractions and commercials for Disney-owned movies and TV shows. People don't buy DVDs to find out what is coming soon to theaters, because when they have those DVDs twenty years later, they won't be. It makes me wish I knew DVD coding so I could bring my Time-Life Vincent Price into the Disney one's rightful chronological placing, though I still want to hear Uncle Deadly say "Guy Lombardo" to match his mouth.

Let's all demand that the full pitch and other vintage Muppet stuff make it to shelves, what do you say? No cuts! I smell a petition a-brewin'!

-Squigiman

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I think that the introductions to certain musical numbers were removed. If the actual skit os gone, why would Kermit talk about it?

Erine81981

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
No theres no replacements of the cut songs..the episodes are just not as long as the others. The cut episodes are about 21-23 minutes long while a full episode is about 25-26 minutes long
So instead of going to the first thing that was shown back when they first aired it has been took out. So you could have Kermit talking about a skit then it going to another one. Is thats how it is? Thats sucks if they can't use all those skits and musical skits too. Now to wonder if I do want it. Maybe I shoud bid on the whole season set thats on ebay.

BEAR

Reaction score
I have not read through all these posts yet, but you guys have absolutely no right to blame Disney for the cut songs as far as i am concerned. If they can't obtain rights to something, it is not their fault. It has absolutely nothing to do with money. If the estate who owns the rights to those songs don't want to give Disney permission to release it, then that is the way it has to be. Disney has no control over this. I am sure if they were able to include it they would. Stop blaming the Disney company for everything gone wrong with the Muppets because it is just petty and sick. Think a little bit. Thank you.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I not blaming any thing. I just wished I could have the thoes epsiodes compleate. I know that its not Disneys fault or the others who wouldn't let them use those songs or skits. I just don't like things being uncompleate. So I'm going to bid on this one set that has all five seasons and the first season opening. I might later (like Gorgon Heap said) buy it just to have other stuff and to hope get season seasons.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
If no-one buys this set though, we may not get any others. :/

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm finding out if I want to buy that thing on ebay and all. If its not in tacked with all the things that this on has (expect those skits and others) then I won't buy it. All I want is those epsiodes intacked. So if anyone would like to do a trade and send me those epsidoes that have all those skits and musicals I'll do a trade and still buy the DVD season one.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Many people can trade you full episodes. For free. So don't buy whatever is on ebay. Buy the season se,t and get the full episodes on here. Try the trading forum.

Erine81981

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Many people can trade you full episodes. For free. So don't buy whatever is on ebay. Buy the season se,t and get the full episodes on here. Try the trading forum.
You got it MrsPepper. Thanks.