Tinseltown News

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No problem. I was likely a bit irritable that day. Don't really think you meant anything by it. It does irritate me at times that everyone has to be so PC except when it comes to gay people. Even the Seinfeld line, "Not like there's anything wrong with that..." I find offensive. Not in the context of the show, (they made fun of everybody and themselves the most) but when used by someone parroting the comment to justify being snarky.

The funny thing is - I have lived in DC, New York, San Francisco and I'm from Houston - the greatest amount of actual prejudice I've ever heard has been in this city. Hands down. Guess it's a melting pot of such a wide section of minorities. And people here tend to hate Los Angeles. LOL! Well, I don't. I just prefer to live here with the fog rather than the smog!

I really do wonder how this show is going to handle the subject matter. The "Rick & Steve" animated show is so outrageous. Funny, yes, but only for a very niche market. It has a bit of the "Just Jack 2000" flavor to it. I wouldn't want anything Henson going quite in that direction. The Muppet characters have always been able to be clever without offending people. I wonder if Henson Alternative will continue this tradition?

By the way...started a thread about it...then it was relocated and forgotten, so here goes: The new Henson Alternative branding is the same "ha!" logo we grew up with for Henson Associates. Does anyone have feelings about something that nostalgic being used for biting comedy? I'm not sure myself.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
This is a Muppet Newsflash...

Well, I got an exclusive scoop of Tinseltown - including some cast and crew information plus some other show information - http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/10/tinseltown-show-and-cast-information.html

In a nutshell: Brain Henson and Bill Barretta are puppeteering the two leads of Samson and Bobby - and the pair is also producing, writing and directing the series! Del Shores is also a producer and writer for the show (Shores is an award-winning producer/writer of many GLBT programs). Plus the series includes the acting talents of Mia Sara, Paul Butcher and Francesco Quinn. Other cast/crew members include Michelan Sisti, Drew Massey, Eric Poticha, Gene Barretta and Jeff Sudakin. Henson plans to release more information on the release of the series "very soon".

For more information and details, check out the full report here: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/10/tinseltown-show-and-cast-information.html

beaker

Reaction score
Excellent news. My goodness, we're talking about the first new prime time Muppet show on American television in how long? 11 years?

This means I'll actually have to plug my satellite cable in, heh

Were on the verge of a Brian Henson/Bill Baretta starring vehicle, very very cool.

So...there may be some plus sides to JHC focusing on their own projects outside of the Muppet Show realm.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Excellent news. My goodness, we're talking about the first new prime time Muppet show on American television in how long? 11 years?

This means I'll actually have to plug my satellite cable in, heh

Were on the verge of a Brian Henson/Bill Baretta starring vehicle, very very cool.

So...there may be some plus sides to JHC focusing on their own projects outside of the Muppet Show realm.
& I'm sure it will be protested by close minded people who like to force their beliefes on others all around. *sigh*
I pray this show has good lessons or something and isn't stereo typical.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Tinseltown is on Logo’s schedule... and it will be airing next week!

The "Tinseltown" pilot is currently set to premiere on Logo on Friday, November 2, 2007 (check your local listings for details).

And for those without access to Logo on your TV -- starting on Monday, November 5th, viewers will be able to watch the entire "Tinseltown" pilot on Logos’ website AlienBootCamp.com.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
& I'm sure it will be protested by close minded people who like to force their beliefes on others all around. *sigh*
I pray this show has good lessons or something and isn't stereo typical.
I'm thinking (and hoping) Tinseltown will have the same irreverence the Muppets show everything. Just wondering how biting it will be in this case. I wonder if their writers will drop in a Bert & Ernie joke. Not saying they are...but it's often speculated and could be a humorous reference if handled well. :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

I am perplexed that the Muppet Central website isn't covering this news (except a brief mention in this blurb nearly a year ago). I hope it's just an oversight and more info will come on the main page once the show airs! :zany:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I'm thinking (and hoping) Tinseltown will have the same irreverence the Muppets show everything. Just wondering how biting it will be in this case. I wonder if their writers will drop in a Bert & Ernie joke. Not saying they are...but it's often speculated and could be a humorous reference if handled well. :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

I am perplexed that the Muppet Central website isn't covering this news (except a brief mention in this blurb nearly a year ago). I hope it's just an oversight and more info will come on the main page once the show airs! :zany:
Or it could just be their choice of not agreeing with what this show is about I could see it being that it seems allot of the members of the forum are that way.
I can't wait to watch though I'm really supportive everything new brian is doing because thus far it's been great.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know (even though it's like a new Muppet show).

Or it could just be their choice of not agreeing with what this show is about I could see it being that it seems a lot of the members of the forum are that way.
I can't wait to watch though I'm really supportive everything new brian is doing because thus far it's been great.
Yeah, I know it's going to be a hard sell for many fans. I've always said among the Muppets biggest enthusiasts are gays and christians. :halo: It's funny how the Muppet gang can bring so many different groups together. For this reason I expect to see something new on the main page once the first episode of Tinseltown launches.

The reason I chose to contribute here was due to the unique inclusive nature of Muppet Central. That's why I believe this to be a simple oversight. I don't expect Tinseltown to be the banner story, but there should be a link and some sort of article on the main page soon or my wheel is gonna start getting a little squeaky. I mean - it's practically a Muppet show on cable television! There should be more excitement. :flirt:

I haven't been keen on all of Brian Henson's work, but he is trying and (thankfully) has his own voice. I think Puppet Up is one of several truly great ideas. I hope this will be too. :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No cable, thanks for the website, frogboy
Tinseltown will reportedly be available on the web too through the Logo website (not sure how to link to that yet). This demonstrates the need for info about this project on the MC home page. Lucky for me (and others) there's Muppet Newsflash to find this information in time. It could have easily passed me by. :eek:

:confused: By the way, are you referring to the wijitworld site link at the foot of my post or something else? Hope to have that up soon (portfolio rebranding and some fun stuff etc). :zany: