The end of Playhouse Disney Live at WDW

AAO

Reaction score
January 2nd is the final "Playhouse Disney Live On Stage" - feat. Bear in the Big Blue House... :frown: Which puts us in rehersals for the new show for that month - we're gearing up for blocking and such for the new show. yet I've heard and talked with a lot of people here and the way it sounds the show may come at a later date on account of all the work that is to go into this new show!

muppet baby

Reaction score
I hate to say this but i read on a artcle for disland said that calfornia advencer is geting a total make over and no more playhouse disney in california .

Disneyworld will for sure have it forever along with muppet vison but calorina is going to change . In one part of the artcle that i read that the person who was writing telling things on disney staff was speaking the truth, but was not alund to say things yet .:cry: :frown: . really said .

At least the walt disney world parts for muppet visoon and play house disney are safe .

I like disnyworld better anyway .

Although if i do get a chance again though i would like to have just one pass to go to magic kingdom park alone in california .

i went there for my high school Gaguation 3 years before calirfarnia adiventure was built .
At some point i am just going to go to magic kingdom alone in a couple of years .

Treelo

Reaction score
I hate to say this but i read on a artcle for disland said that calfornia advencer is geting a total make over and no more playhouse disney in california .
Playhouse Disney will continue in California, without Bear. The show is going dark for a while this winter for revisions and will reopen. (The same changes are happening in Florida.)

Part of the DCA makeover currently includes plans to repurpose the MuppetVision building and turn in into Philharmagic.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But the only new Playhouse Disney show out--besides Baby Einstines--is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse--and we know what that show did to Mick's character...*rolls eyes*

SSLFan

Reaction score
What a way for Bear to spend his 10th Aniversary. :cry: :rolleyes:

AAO

Reaction score
The new "Playhouse Disney Live on Stage" show will feature: Mickey Mouse Club House, Handy Manny, Little Einstiens, and My Friends Tigger and Pooh. For those of you who have seen the original show, Bear's spot will be taken by Mickey Mouse Club House and the stories in between will be filled by the other three television series. The show will end with Mickey just as it did with Bear. So it's not really a whole new format and such, it's just the same show with different characters and a tweaked story line... other than Tutter can't dance.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
3D/CGI Mick is bad enough on TV...we don't need him in the parks, too! And MFT&P bastardizes the Pooh legacy by changing the character premise and replacing Christopher (for whom the original Milne books were made) with a girl and dog combo named Dorothy and Buster (and adding in Lumpy from Pooh's Heffalump Movie).

AAO

Reaction score
3D/CGI Mick is bad enough on TV...we don't need him in the parks, too! And MFT&P bastardizes the Pooh legacy by changing the character premise and replacing Christopher (for whom the original Milne books were made) with a girl and dog combo named Dorothy and Buster (and adding in Lumpy from Pooh's Heffalump Movie).
Well actually it's not Dorothy, it's Darby... But the characters for that sequence of the show is Pooh, Tigger, Roo, and Darby... Tutter is going to be so sad!:cry: As a puppeteer there it's really sad to see the Bear cast go away. But I'm sure that Noel (Bear) won't let him die... just give it some time. I just really hope he comes back in order for Disney to realize the mistake in taking him away. With the original Playhouse show now you're brought into that world of puppets with Bear. Then the stories with Jo Jo's Circus, Stanley, and The Book of Pooh (Which is already a puppet series) bring you into this world of puppets; rather than Jo JO being a clay mation sequence or Stanley a cartoon... But with the new show Mickey is CGI, Handy Mann - CGI, and what do you know My friends Tigger & Pooh and Little Einstiens are you guessed it CGI television shows! So how does puppetry play into that whole concept! It's a lost cause...