Word on the Street- Tricycle
Murray Intro
He she and It cartoon about how a tricycle works. *
Murray Talk spot
Celebrity word of the day- Alec Baldwin explains tricycles
Murray Talk spot **
Elmo's Riding a Tricycle song.
Murray Ending

* I have never seen this one before, but it couldn't be new. It really looks like an older cartoon. I would say, maybe even early 80's or earlier. I just don't recall these.

** Contains footage of little girl trying to ride a trike from "It's harder the first time you try" song.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is a rundown of the newest one:
The Word on the Street: Disapear
a sandwhich disapears (with Murray voice-over)
the word Disapear appears on-screen
King Minus (with Murray narrarating and providing King Minus' voice)
The Word of the Day: Disapear
Grover asks Mumford to make his carrot disapear

So that one was great. It featured two classic skits (the one with Mumford looks like it was made in the 1980s). It seems like the last few episodes have been big improvements form the earlier ones, which hardly featured any other Muppets besides Murray.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's the rundown for the newest episode, "Ticklish":
  • What's the Word on the Street: Ticklish
  • Kermit and Grover tickle each other for a short and long time (edited to only include them tickling, and none of the other "short and long" demonstrations... I short of wodnered if this would be included)
  • A cartoon where a dog licks two kids feet (with Murray voice-over, calling them "ticklish toes")
  • A boy tickles Grover (I think this might be edited... I also think that the boy was in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, in the same outfit)
  • Murray asks more people what the word on the street is
  • Howie Mandel talks about the word "ticklish"
  • You Tickle Me with Elmo, Telly, Zoe, Herry, Rosita, Baby Bear, and Frazzle
  • Murray asks more people about the word on the street

That was a real good one. Kermit made his first appearance on the podcast. There wasn't very much Murray in this one, either (his voice-over was only added to one segment). We get two 1970s segments with Grover. You Tickle Me is also a good song from the 1990s (I thought it was from season 30, but then I noticed that Baby Bear didn't have the hair that was added to his head in season 30, so it must be from earlier).

The last few episodes have been really good, with more classic clips and more characters besides Murray. Let's hope this keeps up. The episode order is the same as the "word on the street" order, so the next episode should focus on the word "frusterated". I wonder if that will include any clips with Bert, Fat Blue, Benny, or Prairie Dawn. Those characters get frusterated quite a bit. So does Kermit. The Sesame Street News sketch where he asks people what makes them angry would be a good one to include, as would the sketch where Kermit rode on The Count's elevador.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow. For a podcast about "ticklish" I expected quite a bit more Elmo in there. But we've got Kermit the Frog, 2 segments with Grover, and a segment featuring Herry and Frazzle (from the brief period in the 90's when they brought the character back). Now this is a podcast and a half. I really hope they can continue these until next season starts.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have noticed that Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, and The Count haven't appeared in any podcasts yet. Hopefuly, they wil make an appearance soon. If I'm correct about the enxt one being about the word "frusterated", then maybe it will have the skit where Ernie has Bert pretend to be mad, or the one where Ernie counts to ten (though that one is a bit long, and would be hard to shorten, which the podcast has done to so many skits), or part one of the multi-part skit where Ernie has a banana in his ear. Those ones really show Bert being frusterated. I don't think that term is used very often on Sesame Street, though.

Now that I think about it, I don't think Abby Cadaby has appeared in any podcast episodes yet.

I wonder what will hapen once all of the words on the street have been represented on the podcast. I expect new podcasts every week, and unless I am wrong, all of the words wil be covered before next season begins. I will be surprised if the next season continues "The Word on the Street". Of course, I also don't know when the next season will begin. The new seasons used to begin in november, then they began around febuary-may, and lately they have started in august. And the current writers strike might delay the new season, unless episodes have been produced.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was thinking, maybe after all words on the street are covered, perhaps each episode can focus on an individual letter or number.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's a rundown for the newest episode, "Frusterated":
  • What's the word on the street?: Frusterated
  • a frusterated girl talks about her bad day, which includes her younger brother taking the last orange, her comb getting stuck in her hair, and having to clean her room (I believe that this one is from the 1970s, and I haven't seen this one in a long time)
  • Ray Ramono and Grover demonstrated "frusterated"
  • more "word on the street" scenes
  • Word of the Day explanation: Frusterated
  • a cat walks up the stairs (with Murray voice-over)
  • a boy spills his milk
  • more of the cat climbing the stairs

Drtooth

Reaction score
Notes:

The animated clip of the little girl being frustraited was redubbed with different dialogue.

The Celebrity word on the street (a redundant thing, considering they already used one with Ray Romano) featured Kelly Rippa.

The last montage of the cat and the 2 kids seems to be from a 90's song. i can't remember off the top of my head which one, however.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The animated clip of the little girl being frustraited was redubbed with different dialogue.
Although it's been a long time since I last saw that segment, I thought something was different about the dialogue (at least Murray's voice wasn't added to that sketch). I kept thinking that the word "frusterated" replaced words like "mad" or "angry".