Underrated Movies

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
2004's Punisher movie wasn't perfect, but it was a good interpretation of the character with a strong lead actor.

Rover Dangerfield is also a well animated little gem that is often overlooked. I'm not sure what audience it was shooting for, but I enjoyed it.

Nobody's Fool is one of Paul Newman's overlooked films of the 90's. It's a smaller picture, but the cast includes Jessica Tandy and Bruce Willis.

Speaking of Bruce Willis...I admit to loving Hudson Hawk as a guilty pleasure. The film was always supposed to be camp, but had too much money pumped into it to pass for anything less than a blockbuster thus it became a flop. A film like that stands a much better chance these days.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
[I admit to loving Hudson Hawk as a guilty pleasure. The film was always supposed to be camp, but had too much money pumped into it to pass for anything less than a blockbuster thus it became a flop. A film like that stands a much better chance these days.
im with you on this one..i saw it one morning on comedy central and just thought it was one of the best movies id ever seen

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
The Goonies - maybe not as underrated as i am thinking, but i still love that movie
Not really sure how "underrated" the movie is either, but I love the movie also. (Along with a bunch of other stuff from the eighties.)

Nick22

Reaction score
Not really sure how "underrated" the movie is either, but I love the movie also. (Along with a bunch of other stuff from the eighties.)
i love stuff from the 1960s all the through the 1980s. movies, music, clothing, just everything. it all seemed so much cooler than what we have now. maybe it's just me

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
i love stuff from the 1960s all the through the 1980s. movies, music, clothing, just everything. it all seemed so much cooler than what we have now. maybe it's just me
Ditto.

Also, I just thought of two more. In science class back in 6th grade, we would watch several older movies, including these two: The Gnome Mobile and The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes. I could be wrong, but I think they're both Disney movies; I'm quite certain, though, that the two kids in The Gnome Mobile are the same actors from Mary Poppins.

APRena

Reaction score
I loved A Bug's Life, still do, wholeheartedly.

And since we're mostly talking about kids' movies, Drop Dead Fred is awesome in my opinion (remake in development. . .*sigh*). The ending still makes me cry.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Just remembered two other ones that I believe I may have mentioned earlier. Suzie Q and Under Wraps. They're both early Disney Channel Original Movies that they rarely (in Under Wraps' case) or never (Suzie Q) air anymore.

I've only seen Suzie Q once on an old video cassette, but it was just before a 50's sock hop we had in school which got me obsessed with that decade. Under Wraps was my favorite movie Disney Channel would air around Halloween, mostly because of my ancient Egypt obsession since...Well, a long time ago.

Sure, they may be a bit outdated by today's standards or whatever reason they rarely show their older movies (except really late at night on Friday night/Saturday morning and Saturday Night/Sunday morning), but I loved both of these films.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I've only seen Suzie Q once on an old video cassette, but it was just before a 50's sock hop we had in school which got me obsessed with that decade. Under Wraps was my favorite movie Disney Channel would air around Halloween, mostly because of my ancient Egypt obsession since...Well, a long time ago.
Wha? Suzie Q as in "popular-for-5-seconds-in-88" Suzie Q? From that episode of Full House where DJ and Kimmy Gibbler skip school to get her autograph? Woah, that's the first time I've ever heard of her outside of that.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Wha? Suzie Q as in "popular-for-5-seconds-in-88" Suzie Q? From that episode of Full House where DJ and Kimmy Gibbler skip school to get her autograph? Woah, that's the first time I've ever heard of her outside of that.
Well, I haven't seen that episode yet, but according to Wikipedia, the movie came out in the mid-nineties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susie_Q_(film)