Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Do you hate Scooter?

• Yes, because I'm a terrible person

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No, because I'm wonderful

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Slackbot

Reaction score
A few years ago I got to see the Muppets 1979 appearance on The Tonight Show (at The Museum of TV & Radio, now The Paley Center for Media).

{SNIP}
Oh, that is great! Thanks for posting it. I hope a video of it surfaces someday.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Well, the most underappraciated, disrespected muppet has about five threads on the front page of the forum in Classic Muppets.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was surprised to see Scooter referred to as ""underappreciated". I thought that the majority of us fans liked him (I know of a few who dislike him or at least don't favor him). Weren't we all wanting him to return during that period when he was retired?

Mary Louise

Reaction score
People hate Scooter? :confused: What's there to hate? He's friendly. He's helpful. He lets the guest star know when the show's about to start. (The cold openings with him, in Seasons Two through Four, were some of my favorite moments on the Muppet Show.) Plus, in the Lynn Redgrave episode, when they were putting on Robin Hood, he made a super-cute Alan-A-Dale!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Looovvee it! Oh Scooter, I'd chase you ;-) Is the interview available on DVD? I'd love to see it/buy it/watch it a million times!
do you know where i can find scooter on the tonight show??
I honestly don't know if it's on DVD; I'd have to do some more research. I saw the episode at The Paley Center for Media, which is in Los Angeles and New York.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'd keep trying though. About a year back I couldn't find The Muppets Go To The Movies anywhere on the internet, so I went out an ordered one from Ebay for a bundle that ended up being a UK format that wouldn't play on my VHS. A week later all the skits I wanted to see turned up on youtube. :smirk:
Ooooo yeah you gotta be careful. If it's Region 2, it can't be played in the US.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Ooooo yeah you gotta be careful. If it's Region 2, it can't be played in the US.
True dat, learned the hard way. Still want to get it transferred though, I'm stubborn like that. And it has such a neat case! :wink:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I posted a little story 'bout Scooter. It's titled The Prince. Hope ya fans of the ginger twins like it.