Songs You Can't Stand

Puckrox

Reaction score
Honestly, I think she's in the WRONG type of music, myself. I heard her cover some Jazz standards, and she's perfect for that. Even her unplugged piano versions of some of her songs are better than the technopop versions.
I agree with this strongly. I'm not fond of her techno-pop music (great to dance to at parties, but that's about it for me), but I've heard some of her early work before she became Gaga and I was extremely impressed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with this strongly. I'm not fond of her techno-pop music (great to dance to at parties, but that's about it for me), but I've heard some of her early work before she became Gaga and I was extremely impressed.
I'm none too fond of that kind of music, but she really masters it completely. I always complain about when rock stars get too old they record old standards (though I think Rod Stewart is really good with it), but she's someone who NEEDS to go back and do this stuff whenever possible. I'm sure her fans wouldn't mind. I will say that her techno stuff is an acquired taste, one I actually did and didn't think I would. I wouldn't buy any of her CD's or listen to that music regularly unlike my sister (she's a fan), but I don't mind hearing it. I can't say that for most technopop. I can't say that for most American mainstream music... but then again, I stress I have strange tastes in music. Weird Al, Muppets/Sesame/Fraggles, strange 1970's and 80's anime theme songs... I once heard the theme to Lupin III for no reason pop up in a Spencers and I had a huge smile on my face.

Actually from what I hear it turns out there was a valid reason.
Valid or not, she wound up making her point a joke. If someone gives nice pleasant reasons for what they believe, people listen to it... if someone's being an arrogant schnook (i.e. Kanye's random "Bush doesn't care about Black People" outburst), they become a negative cartoon portrait of themselves.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Valid or not, she wound up making her point a joke. If someone gives nice pleasant reasons for what they believe, people listen to it... if someone's being an arrogant schnook (i.e. Kanye's random "Bush doesn't care about Black People" outburst), they become a negative cartoon portrait of themselves.
I get what you mean. It's like how people don't take PETA seriously because of their over the top stunts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anyone else think those Perry brothers need to seriously man up and quit letting their sister walk all over them like a dominatrix?

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I like this one only because I remember the scene in Home Alone when Kevin is working the mannequins, lol.
That made me laugh. Great memory.

My least favorite Christmas song is quickly becoming "We Need A Little Christmas." It really makes no sense. Why do we NEED a little Christmas, right this VERY minute? And if it's truly that urgent, why call for only a little? :confused:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My least favorite Christmas song is quickly becoming "We Need A Little Christmas." It really makes no sense. Why do we NEED a little Christmas, right this VERY minute? And if it's truly that urgent, why call for only a little? :confused:
Well we're not greedy, just a little will do, lol.

dwmckim

Reaction score
That made me laugh. Great memory.

...and why is Carol at the spinnet?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
"The Christmas Shoes."

Oh, wait, sorry, you said "songs you can't stand," not "songs that make you tear out all your hair and scream at the top of your lungs in pure hatred."
I would willingly listen to any other song mentioned here a million times over than listen to that one once. It gets stuck in my head and never comes out. Couple years ago, it was in there until the middle of April!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not really a Christmas song. It was written for he musical Mame... here's the plot synopsis from wikipedia:

In the musical, the song is performed after Mame has lost her fortune in the Wall Street Crash of 1929, and decides that she, her young nephew Patrick, and her two household servants "need a little Christmas now" to cheer them up. The original lyrics include the line, "But, Auntie Mame, it's one week past Thanksgiving Day now!" Since the time the song was written the phenomenon of Christmas creep has led to the normal holiday season beginning much earlier than it once did, which has led to more recent recordings changing the line to, "But, Auntie Mame, it's one week from Thanksgiving Day now!"
In context of the play, the "little" Christmas makes perfect sense... at least according to that.

And trust me, I HATE the fact my mother listened to show tunes and I kinda know this stuff. I don't even like musicals unless they're crazy wacky (Spamalot), slightly morbid (Little Shop of Horrors, Rocky Horror Picture Show) VERY morbid (Sweeny Todd) or based off of Snoopy.