St. Patrick's Day Menu

scarecroe

Reaction score
It's showing up in Netscape 7 and Opera 7 now.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: Proactive solution

Originally posted by frogboy4
designing for Netscape because it is officially defunct.
Hubba what? :confused: Version 7 was released not too long ago and featured a markedly noticable change from the previous version. I was actually quite impressed with the leap they'd made. Although, given the fact that they had a leap to make, I can see what you mean in that production on the software may have slowed down a bit of recent. Still though, they seemed to have more than made up for it. In any case, it's one of the best and most stable releases of the browser thus far on which I'm running Flash 6.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah the designers here at work usually try to make things Netscape compatible - quite a few people use it still. Obviously they have loads more resources though. I agree people should keep fairly up-to-date versions of things on their computers and you can't always be kept back for those that don't but IMO it's always prudent to make things at least a little backwards compatible when you have a very popular non-technical site. It was annoying at first when Henson.com went Flash 6 only as soon as it came out. Either that or include some notice telling em to upgrade.

Anyway you can use the site stats on the main MC page to see what people have on their systems and use it to judge whats important for your audience. A test group of people was a fantastic idea !

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I always mix up Bill and Gil too, but that's him stripped naked.
So i was right Jamie, that's the cameo:wink: hmm, i got a way to remember it now, Gil has Glasses...G words...I'm sure this information be will useful one day...:halo:

Zack)Rowlf the, i think that's the first time i used the animal smiley,Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Weirdness. You're right. Netscape's update recently came out after -3 years- of being dead. That's unheard of. Kind of cool, though - to see the once big fish turned small fry to make an effort at a comeback. Didn't realize it, but with the popularity and wide use of explorer and now Opera, I don't think it will ever be as widely used as it once was. It sure will be interesting to see. Reading the updates, they have fixed most of the issues and added more features. Still going through them. Going to be testing things out on it later today.

Glad the menu is up now. :smile:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Yeah, N7 came out sometime last year. I used to be an avid Netscape supporter, but when I started doing web pages -- and before I really knew better -- I latched onto IE basically because it was more flexible. What I didn't realize is that the reason for that was because they were breaking all the rules. I don't use anything but Opera now partly because it sticks pretty close to the W3C guidelines, but mostly because its' functionality and ease of on-the-fly modification rocks. When I come across pages now that don't look right in Opera, it's easy to swap over into User Mode and disable the tables to read a page's content... much like what I have to do for a good portion of MC.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
WOW! Once again Froggy makes a great Flash menu

I used to prefer Netscape, because as a Mac user, I have to support Apple's 10% of the market, but it's slower than Explorer.

I've got an iMac, 350 mhz, 64 ram, IE.

The menu works

Here's to you, Froggy: :smile: :smile: :smile:

It's not easy making a menu
Having to spend time programming in Flash
When I think it could be nicer
To use crayons, or paint...or mold
Or something much more easy to use like that

It's not easy making a Flash menu
When you don't wanna blend in with so many ordinary things
And people tend to pass henson.com over
Because it's a stupid piece of crap and it's not as good as MC with Jamie