1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Davina

Davina Member

very nice Jarrod
    and love that part of your price goes to support SS, too
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

This is what I want mine to look like.
  3. Telly

Telly Active Member

The Whatnot should fit like a glove, since I know girls who have bigger hands than me. :o
  4. Telly

Telly Active Member

Awesome puppet Jarrod! I'd definately bid on it if I had money.
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Toadie is coming...

:cool:Toadie the Electric Mayhem Roadie is on the way to me. :flirt: FAO finally got the boa hair in stock! Here's the early comp I created before it allowed me the mop-top selection. I also have changed the nose from orange to blue. He kinda resembles me except for the fact he isn't smiling, but who could pass up the green Beaker-based head? :eek:
  6. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Went to FAO today

Bought myself a whatnot today. I have to post a pic very soon, most likely tomorow. He's the orange body with blue nose, yellow boah hair, blue eye lids and wearing the plaid suit. I just love him. I want a girl now...but maybe later. If this thing continues to do very well, they should ad more options.
  7. Fozzie Bear,

I will admit that I have smaller hands than the typical grown up male. I know there a lot of people saying that these puppets are to small, and I can see where they are coming from. Eventually though, it breaks in pretty well.

Unfortunately, I do not own a digital camera... I'm still using a good old 35mm. I do have a phone that can upload pictures, but the quality is ghastly. Luckily, a few of the other members will be posting soon, and one already has (plus pictures of the actual Workshop).

I will add, which I failed to mention before, is that even though the glasses are made from fabric, I still would have chosen glasses for my puppet. It looks a little crafty in a deep close-up, but anything more than 3 feet away and they look real. I don't know, maybee I'm being too generous... but I love the thing :wisdom: .
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Now that I am home here's the upload of the one I ordered from the site. I know the placement and sizes will appear different on the final piece.
  9. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

COOL! He kinda looks like Beaker or a Biker Wembly with a blue nose. :eek: :coy:

I love the fact that you can create your own Muppet with these cool Whatnot characters!
  10. Telly

Telly Active Member

I wish they had more color options for the hair.
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I have a whole backstory for Toadie and his relationship with the Electric Mayhem. I'm thinking he's either related to Janice or Zoot. Maybe even Dr. Teeth. ;)

I think that's the main area where these posers fall short. I would like to see blue and purple hair options and maybe even a body-type with fur. That should expand the options a bit. I also think that maybe a small packet with stuff like moustaches, eyebrows and some type of prop would help distinguish these whatnots into more personal pieces. I really do think they sould make a premium option rather than this gift kit. I would pay 130 bucks for a more expansive whatnot.

It is my feeling that this is a limited time deal. I could be wrong, but I decided not to wait on this. I only waited for their blonde boa hair stock to be replenished. The ostrich feather hair was a must for me.
  12. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

There's a video clip with Kermit explaning about the Whatnots.
  13. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

I have to say....

I'm not so sure it's a one time deal, frogboy. I'll explain why. When I was at the FAO store yesterday, I asked the people how they were doing with the whatnots and their reply was that they was so surprised on how many people have been buying them. The girl that was helping me told me that the first hour they were opened on opening day, they sold 15 muppet whatnots. I think that's pretty good. When I went it was around 5:30 ish and they had already had seven ready to go, there is a section where they put the ones being sold. They were working on three others when mine was done.

Another thing I noticed was that there were alot of adults buying these. I don't want to assume that they weren't for children, but u could just tell they knew what muppets were...ya know?

They also were selling all the 3 seasons of the muppet show, all the movies, pepe's book, I'm not sure if I'm leaving anything out.

There are two tv screens where THE muppets are on explaining things. Pictures of Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rizzo, etc, are mounted on the wall, kinda like celebrity photos but individualized in writing as to thanking the whatnots for being there.

It was a nice experience. If anyone can go, I recomend it.

That's also another reason I didn't want to buy another one. I want a girl whatnot, but by the rate these guys are selling, I would assume eventually there will be adding newer options and all. I mean, the online store has been selling out many hair peices too.

As far as the size for adults, my hands at first was a bit snug, but after awhile of playing with it, your hand kinda molds to it. That's my experience. I guess it's kinda like breaking in new shoes...LOL;)
  14. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That's a good point. Well I will wait on a second one, but I think there are enough options for people here to invest in a first whatnot. Much investment was made for this product so it should be around a while. FAO used to be the one store to always seasonally stock Kermit plushes for Christmas and I remember they carried the Igel line of Muppets too before most anyone else.

I wonder how long the licensing agreement is for this? I think this should be a permanent, year-round installation and they could change up some of the materials from time to time.
  16. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

yup!

Totally on point with you there, Frogboy. It looks to be Very promising! YAY! Go Muppets!:)
  17. Davina

Davina Member

we're waiting at the moment to see if my step daughters would be interested in one of these.. if so, we'd let them pick out their options... they'll be here for thanksgiving, so we have just a bit of a wait left... *sigh*
  18. ploobis

I just ordered my Whatnot puppet today! :)

I can't wait to get him in the mail!
  19. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Adorable video, Lab Rat! I had a lot of fun watching it :)

I certainly hope popularity will make them consider adding more options. The more there is to choose from, the better the chance that your puppet will feel a bit more personalized. I mean, there are only so many things you can do.
  20. ploobis

AWESOME VIDEO!

Did you buy two arm rods for each whatnot or did you make a second arm rod for each puppet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.