1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Youtuber taking others puppet work and claiming as own

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Frogpuppeteer, Oct 17, 2011.

1. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Is there actually anything anyone can (legally) to do this guy about their intellectual and physical property being stolen?
  2. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

A few weeks ago he had a picture of Spamela Hamderson from Muppets Tonight on his Facebook page for his "show" claiming that she was a character he created for his show.

He's deranged and delusional.
  3. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

the best we can do is keep an eye out, ask him to take stuff down and if need be contact members of his family and friends via FB...ive contacted a few of his friends and family to see what was up and truth is he does have some mental problems it seems...again that doesnt make it right but someone should have corrected his mistake and pointed him in the right direction of really making his own show...i do admire his dream but he is going at it in the wrong way
  4. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Yeah this is horrible. Be careful out there with your own puppets
  5. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

As of last night I recognized at least 3 of JB's Puppets on his wall, but no captions, he may just like the pictures and saved them....
  6. QMLTMedia

QMLTMedia New Member

I just found this thread after being contacted by this Joseph person ... and found alot of my work being claimed as his, including video and audio!
  7. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Wonder what happened to BIG premiere on ABC...LOL
    His puppet Facebook shows some new stuff and a song..but nothing about his big show...he seems to be contacting more people about helping him. Keep an eye out.
  8. Frogpuppeteer

recently he has been asking me to be part of his big movie
  9. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

MOVIE??? LOL HAHAHAHA...OMG...that is hilarious!
  10. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Is it about his puppets saving a theater from an evil oil baron by any chance?
    frogboy4 and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  11. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

LOL that was a good one!
  12. Frogpuppeteer

i delelted the convo but he did send me a script once...lifes a happy song was on his claim to fame as the new song he just wrote for his movie
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  13. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

You have got to be kidding me...He was claiming Life's a Happy Song....OMG this guy is relentless!
  14. Muppet fan 123

Really? He was claiming Life's A Happy Song? Yeesh....
  15. Muppet fan 123

All the videos were taken down... that's good to see.
  16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Wow, what a coincidence, it just so happens, I was the one who actually designed and built Walter for the movie, which I wrote too!

:sleep: :boo:

This guy seems like he's getting around a little bit, I hope this doesn';t cause even more harm than it already has, what with us having very similar names and all. :eek:
  17. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I just found a message from this guy on facebook... (sadly from a couple of months ago. Apearantly I don't notice my messages). This guy makes some strange claims.
  18. Frogpuppeteer

if i where you this is a legit concern......like i said first time i ever glanced his name quickly i thought it was you...good thing i did my research and double checked
  19. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I admit, I have been thinking about jumping ahead with damage control before any damage may occur; like you say, at quick glance, the two of us could easily be mixed up, and I'd hate that if this guy keeps getting around the way he is, that eventually, people will probably pass on me, or think I'm ripping people off with my puppetry because they may mistake me for him. Like how I used to keep getting Amy Sedaris and Amy Poehler mixed up all the time (two blonde comedic actresses), likewise so many people out there get Kathy Greenwood and Kathy Griffin mixed up (again, comediennes named Kathy with similar last names).
  20. Superstarseven

Superstarseven New Member

Ahh OK, you're the person who originally posted the video clip with 2 puppets singing Especially For You which board member Alvin called "hilariously stupid and very cheesy" in page 2 of this thread. Sorry to call you out, bro.

Yeah, this Joseph fellow is still claiming this as his own on his FB page.